Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector

Article about: Hello all, I found this forum only minutes ago, so I decided to join. I recognize a lot of members here from other forums, so it looks like I won't be a stranger here. I have been a member a

Default Re: My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector

Steve,
    When I saw your post in the Imperial forum, I didn't realize
    that you had just joined.

Welcome aboard.

Greg
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector
    P
    Many

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Steve,
    When I saw your post in the Imperial forum, I didn't realize
    that you had just joined.

Welcome aboard.

Greg
    Thanks Greg...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Yoohooo....I'M HERE!

Steve-
    You know I don't get tired of seeing your Air Service collection. If I'm lucky enough, maybe I'll get to see some great scans of the Hill grouping...
    I'm glad to see other people echoing my words "Nice photography!". I believe it's all about presentation & you accomplish it very well, not only in the way you display the items but also the method you use to capture them with the camera.
    -Chuck

Quote by CThomas View Post
    Yoohooo....I'M HERE!

Steve-
    You know I don't get tired of seeing your Air Service collection. If I'm lucky enough, maybe I'll get to see some great scans of the Hill grouping...
    I'm glad to see other people echoing my words "Nice photography!". I believe it's all about presentation & you accomplish it very well, not only in the way you display the items but also the method you use to capture them with the camera.
    -Chuck

Thanks very much Chuck, I do try very hard to set a "mood" in my photos. I know, I still need to do what I was supposed to have done over the weekend...never fear, I'll take some shots soon.

BTW...5 days until arrival of the aircraft section...I'll post that here as well when I get it photographed.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Here is a WWI 1st Army aviation tunic that I once owned, as a matter of fact, it was my first. As nice as it was, I quickly lost interest as it was not identified - so no further research was possible. As a result, I now only buy named, attributed and documented Aviation groupings so that I can enjoy uncovering further history on each piece.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I learned a lot about display techniques with this tunic. I had this idea for display, and I think it looks good, but now, I prefer to display them on torso mannequins.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Last shot of this one.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Quote by IMPERIAL QUEST View Post
    Last shot of this one.
    I always liked that display Steve however, I have to agree that the mannequin set up is the only way to truly display these pieces of history properly.

Yea Bug-meister, a mannequin really does bring the tunic to life.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

hello IMPERIAL QUEST .
    Nice collection and display you have got.
    I always admired collectors who could remain to one field of collection, like you do for aviation!
    I have got a small collection of WWI Belgian aviation die's for badges. I will try to show them asap.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast