Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My little cap collection so far!

Article about: Some shots of my favorite item of my entire collection, the prewar-made Wilheim Welhausen pioneer officer's cap with velvet piping, soft leather peak and all-bullion insignia: Notice that th

KSH
    ?

Default My little cap collection so far!

Hi guys,

In lack of anything better to do I took out my three caps (so far) and I put them side by side, something I've never done before, as I don't display anything, period

To the left is a decent quality officer's visor (might be an OKK-issue - it is unmarked) to an officer in the Army's medical branch, with nice cornflower blue piping. It has a tombak eagle which matches the cockade just perfectly - I find it a nice change from the standard silver ones. It is a bit out of shape, but I find that just charming - it was my first visor.

In the middle is a somewhat more rare cap - it is a nice private purchase example of a Luftwaffe EM/NCO cap with white piping for the "Hermann Göring"-unit. It has matching aluminium insignia and a nice ribbed black rayon lining - the black cap band is also made of rayon which is typical for high-quality private purchase pieces. It is in near stonemint condition. (This cap is a little further away from the camera than the others, so it appears smaller than it is).

To the right is my latest acquisition and my undisputed favorite of them all: A prewar Wilhelm Welhausen made pioneer officer cap of exceptional quality. The most impressive part of it in many ways is the black velvet piping (velvet piping is extremely rare). A nice touch is that the three rings of piping are all of different widths, thin at the bottom, medium in the middle and wide at the top. It has a soft leather visor and all-bullion insignia.

A small unimportant assembly I know, but it will grow hopefully

Regards,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:02 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My little cap collection so far!
    P
    Many

Default Re: My little cap collection so far!

So THAT is how you were playing! They look good, Kenneth
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

KSH
    ?

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    So THAT is how you were playing! They look good, Kenneth
    Thank you

Some shots of the HG for all interested parties - it is in stunning condition - looks like it was made yesterday almost, smells and feels like it was made about 65 years ago, just lovely. The flash makes the piping appear a bit more white and vivid than it actually is in reality.

My little cap collection so far!My little cap collection so far!My little cap collection so far!My little cap collection so far!My little cap collection so far!My little cap collection so far!
    My little cap collection so far!My little cap collection so far!My little cap collection so far!

Regards,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Added more detailed exterior photos of HG cap

?

Hello Kenneth

You have a fine collection ! Keep it up ...

Kind regard
    Alex

Very nice indeed Kenneth, you have a good eye for quality

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

KSH
    ?

Thank you guys!

Regards,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Very good collection of high quality headgear Kenneth, very nice and I expect it will increase over time.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

quality items.

fab caps, I'm very jealous.

cheers

tony

KSH
    ?

Quote by Bond View Post
    Very good collection of high quality headgear Kenneth, very nice and I expect it will increase over time.

Quote by spandau View Post
    quality items.

fab caps, I'm very jealous.

cheers

tony

Thank you, we all have to start somewhere

Regards,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:04 PM.

KSH
    ?

Some shots of the medical officer's cap:

My little cap collection so far!My little cap collection so far!My little cap collection so far!My little cap collection so far!My little cap collection so far!My little cap collection so far!

Regards,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast