Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My (little) Collection

Article about: And to Krad, I like steel helmets and they are probably my main focus, but I also like soft headgear aswell. I'd also like to collect WWII uniforms, but I don't have the money or space to pe

Default My (little) Collection

Hello all! I've been collecting for a bit under a year now (although I've had some items longer). I mostly collect headgear and helmets from WWII and the Cold War. Just ask if you want any closeups.

My (little) Collection
    A Canadian M1 helmet on the left and an East German Model 3 helmet with net and torn up rain pattern fabric.

My (little) Collection
    A poorly restored M35 from France that I intend to restore to its former glory one day.

My (little) Collection
    The first helmet I ever bought, a Hungarian M70.

My (little) Collection
    Some of my non-headgear items. From left to right, up to down: Souval EKII, Defense Medal, Canadian 1939-1945 War medal, Canadian Volunteer service medal, NVA marksman lanyard grade 1, and a British radiation calculator.

My (little) Collection
    1988 Soviet Riverine Fleet officers hat.

My (little) Collection
    1942 Canadian Brodie helmet with net and bandage

My (little) Collection
    1942 Canadian Brodie Helmet Shell

My (little) Collection
    A drawer of miscellaneous "things" (RZM reference manual, helmet covers, etc.)

My (little) Collection
    1985 Soviet Air Force parade cap

And yes I realize these pictures aren't very good, but there the best I can do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My (little) Collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: My (little) Collection

An interesting variety of items !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

A good start to your collection,what and who is the pilot,s log book for?Depending on the time period and aircraft flown,these can be quite expensive!! Leon.

?

Nice collection friend.

Nice collection for only about 1 year!

Thanks everyone! The log book is from the 50's. The owner was flying only run of the aircraft. It appears he was flying super cubs and cessna 170s mostly. Unfortunately not a commercial pilot, but still pretty neat for only 20$.

Nice collection! Great soviet caps

very nice collection ,im wondering if the m35 was used by the BGS postwar ,it has a similar paint colour ,any chance of a liner close up ,thanks james

Welcome mate, a nice start you have there. Do you find yourself leaning toward any particular focus? It seems steel helmets are a favourite (good lad )

Thanks everyone! To col James, it's Definatly not a BGS (although the colour is close). It was dug up, the holes were filled with fibreglass and a polish liner thrown in and then painted this crappy green latex paint( it would be nice if it was an intact BGS though).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast