Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My little collection of Eks

Article about: Hi guys. Here is my wee collection of Eks. The first being a 4 marked Ek2 with original ribbon, this one was picked up in North Africa off a casualty by a man in the 28th New Zealand maori b

?

Default My little collection of Eks

Hi guys. Here is my wee collection of Eks. The first being a 4 marked Ek2 with original ribbon, this one was picked up in North Africa off a casualty by a man in the 28th New Zealand maori battalion, I picked it up off his grandson. The second is a 26 marked EK1, uncleaned with most frosting remaining (hard to show in photo). The third is an L55 marked EK1, has most plating remaining on the right side and frosting. Thank you guys for your wealth of knowledge, I've been off and on this site looking at images over the years trying to see what's real and what's not.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My little collection of Eks   My little collection of Eks  

My little collection of Eks   My little collection of Eks  

My little collection of Eks  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My little collection of Eks
    P
    Many

Nice crosses, welcome to the Forum! The 26-marked cross was produced by B.H.Mayer in Pforzheim, btw...
    cheers, Glenn

Good looking collection.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Thanks guys, totally love this site. Great having people into the same things. Here is my partners matching set she just got. Unmarked and none show up under black light, to be honest I'm very envious of her set though I brought them for her birthday.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My little collection of Eks  

?

Here is my set I had at the start of the year, but sold off to get back into helmet collecting. Both WW1 EKs are KO marked with the EK2 having it's original ribbon. Both WW2 EKs are unmarked. I doubt very much the EK2 ribbon was original because the dealer I got it off had about 7 EK2s and the ribbon all looked the same condition but I never tested it under black light. The EK1 I was never sure of. It was a convex but it was so clean and tidy apart from the rust around the centre meaning it's likely some bright spark had a great Idea to make it into a convex. Not only that but the catch was bent and there was no wear what so ever to the pin sides catching it when latched up in the place where the catch would have originally been to touch it. I don't think the photo is very clear of the back of it but maybe you guys would have more of an Idea if the pin etc is a correct type, I'm still not very clued up with these and unmarked tend to throw me a wee bit unlike straight out looking at images of marked ones.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My little collection of Eks   My little collection of Eks  

her set is ok,wish my other half was interested.

?

My first partner collected artillery rounds, I'm not sure if I brush off on them or I'm looking in the wrong places and find the right ones???

?

Hi guys. Been a wee while. In time I've managed to track down some cases. I've noticed the Russian hoard 26s seem to have the rectangle push button, so that's what I hunted for. I hope I got it right with the L/55. Along the way I picked up a WW1 screw back / convex Paul Maybaur and tracked a gold crossed case, not a fan of the living hinge setup...