Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

My medal collection

Article about: This was my medal collection 45 years ago. If you look in the upper right hand corner you will see something that looks like a Ritterkreuz - BUT LARGER. It was larger! It had a box, too, as

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default My medal collection

This was my medal collection 45 years ago. If you look in the upper right hand corner you will see something that looks like a Ritterkreuz - BUT LARGER. It was larger! It had a box, too, as did my ritterkreuz right next to it. Unfortunately I was a moron and sold these medals off for what today is peanuts. What you don't see here is my dagger and sword collection. same story. What a fool we mortals are sometimes!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My medal collection  

2. # ADS

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Re: My medal collection

I don't think I can afford to replace it. Any ideas where I can buy a GRAND ORDER of the Iron Cross - with original box? Was it Goring's? Perhaps. Or even a Ritterkreuz with Oak Leaves & Swords in the box. Or an Officer's chained SS Dagger.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

I have darkened the foto so you can see more of the medals.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My medal collection  

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Well there it is - right in front of you! I probably paid $50 for it. Stuff was cheap in 1957! I remember paying $3 for a nice Storm Trooper's dagger. Of course I had vets give me a lot of stuff, too. I was living on an Army Post when I started collecting.

barryb
    ?

I have recently seen a (genuine) Nazi Grand Cross for sale on a website but I can't remember where now... There were WW1 GC's also by the way. Apparently although Goring was the only recipient in WW2, a few more were made for show and for German museums. I have no idea how true this is mind! The price on the website was around £10,000 / $20,000... !

barryb
    ?

Haha! I was going by an exchange rate I used last time I bought stuff from the yanks - I notice it has fallen drastically again! Make that around $15,000

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

I heard that was the going price for a nice RitterKreuz... MINE had Oak Leaves, Swords, and an original box! Isn't that worth $15,000?

barryb
    ?

?

Gross Kreuz des eisernen kreuzes für Göring at ma-shops for 55,000 euro! Lee

?

Owww gutted ! Ow well just start again and soon enough you will have a nice collection maby not as nice as befor !