Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

My Militaria collection

Article about: What a fantastic collection Douglas, thanks for showing it Thanks, Glen.

Default Re: My Militaria collection

an amazing, fantastic collection mate. Congratulations

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Militaria collection
    P
    Many

Hi Steve, thanks for the info, and thanks to everybody who has posted comments. Clearly Janiak was a common name. Im glad to hear you are collecting records for Ravensbruck, a very worthwile and important thing to be doing. I thought I would post two letters from my collection from a lady at Ravensbruck, unfortunatley I cant make out her name. They are quiet interesting reading in the sense that they read like a shopping list of things she wants sent to her. Some of them are luxury goods and shes quiet fussy! and that raises some interesting questions. This is a rough (non professional) translation of letter 1. There are a few spaces where my german friend who was translating couldnt read the word.

On the very top it says:
    'unclear and not well readable letters can not be censored and will be destroyed.'

July 1943

'I ask that ______ sends me carrots, onions, tomatoes, but not too ripe, cucumber, a little mustard, Kohlrabi, white radishes, some zwieback (crackers) and the vegetables she is growing in her garden to send to me.

If you see Sonia, tell her that I ask her to send a simple packet. Show her this letter, I never believed she would forget me this fast. I ask her that_________ should write to me please.

(Reverse)

Dear Waldzivia (?) I have received the last packets with the Bonbons (white sweets). I really needed them (literally: They were so necessary to me) I am asking you for fat, onions, Vegetable stock cubes, saccharin, ______ sausage, _______, soap, vaseline, toothpaste, toothbrush, because I have lost mine already, and a fine dust comb. I am also asking for some warmer stockings, 1 shirt, 1 pair of trousers, one small mirror. Why is Zygmis(?) not writing to me? I am very sad, that Wacie(?) is ill. Waldzivia(?), do reply to every letter from me. If it is hard for you, sell my things, send a packet every week. Sell my slippers and send (plural) me wooden sandals, absolutely! I am aching very much for them. I am kissing you (plural) Janta'
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Militaria collection   My Militaria collection  

Last edited by douglas2496; 02-07-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Some Coats from my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Militaria collection   My Militaria collection  

My Militaria collection   My Militaria collection  

?

Very nice collection sir!

K.

A set of medals to a British sailor, including the Atlantic Star, with original certificate and postage box.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Militaria collection  

Some of my Belt Buckles, Heer Luftwaffe and RAD.

My Militaria collection  
    Last edited by douglas2496; 04-05-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Outstanding mate, keep the pictures coming
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Very nice collection.

I'm not sure if I've already commented on this thread and I don't really mind if I have!

A wonderful collection of top notch items, displayed and photographed beautifully!

Josh

Thanks very much everybody. Here is my late production HJ knife and accessories.

Last edited by douglas2496; 04-05-2016 at 09:04 PM.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast