Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Militaria collection

Article about: Well if your gonna do it then do it right is what I always say, and wow you did it right!!!!! great display's

Default My Militaria collection

Thought I would share some pics of my military wire and tool collectionMy Militaria collectionMy Militaria collectionMy Militaria collectionMy Militaria collectionMy Militaria collectionMy Militaria collectionMy Militaria collectionMy Militaria collectionMy Militaria collectionMy Militaria collectionMy Militaria collectionMy Militaria collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Militaria collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Militaria collection

Impressive! A different type of collection.

Wow mate, that is very professionally displayed, nicely labelled and looks really effective!

Thank you guys I have been collecting Barbed wire for about 10 years and the past couple of years I have been adding more Militaria to it I have several helmets that will be displayed on the top of the cases. I volunteer at the Pueblo Weisbrod Aircraft Museum in the restoration department hence the R4D-5 with the display couldn't resist the shot I will add more pics as I get finished.

?

Like it has already been said different..but still interesting...so thanks for showing I haven't seen this sort display before. Cheers Terry

That is a cool collection Where do you find so many different types of wire? Also, do you have any tips on how to preserve rusty wire as I have some in relic condition? Cheers.

Very nice collection you have there. A subject not seen often and very well displayed.

I was an army brat and we were based in Germany for some years. The wire in your last case, 5th & 6th from the bottom, is very similar to the razor wire used by the US military back in the 70s & 80s. We were once on vacation in France, somewhere around Calaise, and I was messing around the old German bunkers there. There was a lot of rusted German wire still around, took some lengths with me but unfortunately, over the years, they disappeared in various house moves. I still have my dad's old US Army wire cutters, but they are longer than yours having come from the toolbox of an M60 tank. As a kid who grew up 'behind the wire' I find your displays very interesting. Many thanks.

Al

That's the first barbed wire collection I have seen! Great stuff

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I am a member of several barbed wire collecting clubs, attend and put on barbed wire shows here in the US, they are like a Militaria show only with barbed wire. I also have friends who will bring back wire from their tours. Preserving the wire I use a Brass wire brush to remove the loose rust and coat it with WD40 to help stop the rust. You can also use a clear flat lacquer on them if the wire is rusted bad.

I have seen one of the four loop wire holders with the cork screw bottom like in pic #5. It's at a local shop. I dont know what they are asking for it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast