Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My modest collection so far

Article about: Hi, Since I’m new here, I thought I’d post a picture of my modest collection. I started collecting German WW2 militaria this summer. I have more militaria that I’ve collected over the years

Default My modest collection so far

Hi,

Since I’m new here, I thought I’d post a picture of my modest collection. I started collecting German WW2 militaria this summer. I have more militaria that I’ve collected over the years since I was a kid, but this is what I’ve got so far in the German WW2 segment.

As of now I mainly focus on medals/awards, photographs, documents, 3rd Reich currency, smaller equipment- & uniform items and other interesting ”smaller” things that I can fit in ”treasure chest” (didn’t manage to convince my wife that a war room would be a great idea just yet...).

I also have a relic M42 Stahlhelm; will add a picture of that later!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My modest collection so far   My modest collection so far  

My modest collection so far  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My modest collection so far
    P
    Many

Some nice medals there - a great start to your German collection.
    Nick

You're off to an impressive start. You already have more German decorations in your collection than I currently have in mine. A nice cross section of awards, and a collection that does not take up too much space!

Regards, B.B.

Thanks!

My first goal is to collect all military awards from the german cross / Deutsches Kreuz in gold and downwards in rank.

Quote by TheJackal83 View Post
    Thanks!

My first goal is to collect all military awards from the german cross / Deutsches Kreuz in gold and downwards in rank.
    Those are lofty ambitions, but it's good to have a focus. You've got a lot of work ahead of you! The Deutsches Kreuz in gold isn't a difficult award to find, but it is expensive. If you don't want to pay the price of a metal award, there are cloth versions that are much more affordable, and which look just as good in my opinion.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Those are lofty ambitions, but it's good to have a focus. You've got a lot of work ahead of you! The Deutsches Kreuz in gold isn't a difficult award to find, but it is expensive. If you don't want to pay the price of a metal award, there are cloth versions that are much more affordable, and which look just as good in my opinion.

Regards, B.B.
    Yeah, I know, that’s probably going to be the last award I add (if ever), but gotta have dreams! It’s expensive, yet somehow within reach. To own a knight’s cross on the other hand, which would be amazing, feels too unrealistic...

MA Stockholm currently have one for sale, priced at 2300€.

This isn`t modest!! This is a fine start : )
    Stig

Quote by TheJackal83 View Post
    Yeah, I know, that’s probably going to be the last award I add (if ever), but gotta have dreams! It’s expensive, yet somehow within reach. To own a knight’s cross on the other hand, which would be amazing, feels too unrealistic...

MA Stockholm currently have one for sale, priced at 2300€.
    Every collector has their bucket list of items. Sometimes we do get to cross one of those items off, and it's a great feeling when you finally land a catch you've been after forever. A Deutsches Kreuz in Gold is more than achievable with a little saving. A Knight's Cross will set you back the price of a half-decent new car, though. Best to start out small and work your way up. The bigger and better things will come with time.

Regards, B.B.

And I still haven`t gotten an EK 2. And you got several of them. Keep hunting, my friend!
    Stig
    Ps! I saw some items I really want at Weize, starting at 22000 euro.

MAP
    ?

Your gonna need a bigger box

Dream big or go home. With patience and dedication you can get there. As a kid I too had a similar goal. All the WW2 combat awards as well as the complete line of EK's (inclusive of the KC, DKiG and Spanish cross).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast