Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My New Case

Article about: Beautiful case and it will look great full of militaria. I would just make sure there are no large gaps down the sides of the doors when they're shut. Dust will get in anywhere it can!

?

Default Re: My New Case

Beautiful case and it will look great full of militaria.

I would just make sure there are no large gaps down the sides of the doors when they're shut. Dust will get in anywhere it can!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My New Case
    P
    Many

Thanks, Adrian. No real significant gaps. I'll be sure to monitor the dust accumulation and if it increases I will plug the gaps with something visually appealing. Might go look for those light strips today. I have a few days off to Get something accomplished. Thanks for the comments thus far.

Looks really good and I look forward to seeing it full of helmets.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Dont you have barns and trailers full of kit like on american pickers if your on a farm?

Great looking cases. it is great that members can share their collections in such a manner for the rest of us to see. I know I enjoy my collection more when I can display it in cases. Its a lot of work, but it's worth it in the long run.

That's a great looking case, can't wait to see it full. Might want to consider some clear UV protection film for the exterior glass as I can see by the curtain reflection on the case you have a window nearby. Good price on the case too! it looks in new condition.

Quote by Rigormortis View Post
    That's a great looking case, can't wait to see it full. Might want to consider some clear UV protection film for the exterior glass as I can see by the curtain reflection on the case you have a window nearby. Good price on the case too! it looks in new condition.
    Gret minds, my friend! Already looking into it
    Despite the window, that wall get very little sun due to the room in front of that room. That front room pushes out the side and blocks that window from any direct sunlight. Still looking into the film anyway. Can never be too careful. I just figured out a way to squeeze another shelf in there, maximiing the space.

Wow nice case! That thing is gonna look awesome full of helmets!!!!!!

Great minds indeed, another consideration for thought might be to switch to LED lighting for your case. It's kind of pricey at this time,but it pays for itself over time as LED bulbs last significantly longer than incandescent and CFL bulbs,they also use less power,are almost unbreakable,,do not get hot or give off heat!!and most importantly they emit no UV rays.The inside of the case could get pretty hot with reg. bulb and UV could be damaging to items not just on top shelf near the bulb but also on the lower ones as well from reflection off the back glass mirrors. A little time is needed to learn types of LED bulbs,lumens vs. watts,& warm vs cool bulbs, but time well spent I think & IMO LED's are the safest way to go for display lighting of collectibles/militaria. Here's a link with info on LED's. And if you have 28+ helmets to fill that case with I can't wait to see pics of em all in there!! Hope this helps,sorry for the long read, Jeff B. http://eartheasy.com/live_led_bulbs_comparison.html#e

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2