Become our sponsor and display your banner here

My pilot and similar badges collection

Article about: Hi guys, here's my pilot and similar badges collection. Just a few badges, several pilot and one single observer. I have the miniature for observer, too

?

Default My pilot and similar badges collection

Hi guys, here's my pilot and similar badges collection. Just a few badges, several pilot and one single observer. I have the miniature for observer, too
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	119039   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	119040  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	119041   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	119042  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	119043  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My pilot and similar badges collection

This one deserves a separate picture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	119044  

?

And finally some small badges. I hope you like this small collection

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	119045  

Hi Theo, these are great! Bulgarian badges I think are very nicely designed.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Theo, those are VERY detailed badges. Are these awards or designations of what positions they held? Also a nice German transport pilot's clasp. Wonderful collection, thanks for showing.

Jay

?

Thank you! No, not awards. These are qualification badges. After passing all the training and exams, the person becomes pilot /or observer, or paratrooper/ and receives the badge. The eagle badges, later eagle with B letter, were worn by student pilots. As far as I know their meaning is that 1st pilot exam has been passed. Of course, these are all military badges.

A pity but the transport clasp is damaged, the eagle must be covered with tin, a separate piece in the same shape, which is missing. But that's the way it was taken from a crashed aircraft back during the war, so I like to think about it not as damage, but as history

Quote by Sokol View Post
    Hi guys, here's my pilot and similar badges collection. Just a few badges, several pilot and one single observer. I have the miniature for observer, too
    Can you post big pictures of two sides of WWI badges ?
    Thank you !!!

Very nice collection