Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

my really small collectiion

Article about: I know that my collection is small but i wanted to share it with all of you after those years i am in this great forum.some items i have posted before here, some not.Hope you like it ,even i

Default Re: my really small collectiion

So i was correct
    I remember you from waf. I was just not sure at first.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my really small collectiion
    P
    Many

NCO
    ?

Thats correct, remember we are friends in WAF.
    cheers
    nco

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Very nice finds my friend. Amazing that you can still find German items in Greece.
    Thanks for posting your father's diploma. So the medal was awarded in 2007.
    In Greece (like many other countries i guess) are plenty of german items just laying around in the hands of individuals that know nothing about the treasures they have! If you know where to look you can be very lucky!
    Ofcourse don't expect to find a Knight's Cross or items that are obviously connected with the TR but others that may pass unnoticed by the unexperienced!

Fuel canisters, wooden and metal ammo boxes, german engineer tools, ammo shell casings, old papers stuffed together! I even was lucky enough to be given as a gift a wooden 8,8cm ammo box with writings and date still present!

On the other hand if you go relic hunting at battlefields you may find all kind of items, from helmets to old artillery guns! You may never know untill you hear the *bip* of the machine!

And to top that in Crete i have seen Junger 57 aluminium parts being used as rooftop for hens! In Crete almost every old house has something from the war... Now if you are lucky enough and spot the item and the house is empty or abandoned or you know the owners you may be able to take it!

Quote by NCO View Post
    Thats correct, remember we are friends in WAF.
    cheers
    nco
    Yes, you don't have the avatar uploaded here that's why it took a while to ID you
    Mike that's true. There are some threads here from a member in Rhodes who found and got large parts from planes that they were used in "chicken houses".

NCO
    ?

Sorry, I will try and do this over the next few days.
    Yours looks brilliant.
    Cheers
    nco

Quote by NCO View Post
    Sorry, I will try and do this over the next few days.
    Yours looks brilliant.
    Cheers
    nco
    I can see it already.
    Thanks for the comment. He is the father of a dear friend here in Cyprus.

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    In Greece (like many other countries i guess) are plenty of german items just laying around in the hands of individuals that know nothing about the treasures they have! If you know where to look you can be very lucky!
    Ofcourse don't expect to find a Knight's Cross or items that are obviously connected with the TR but others that may pass unnoticed by the unexperienced!

Fuel canisters, wooden and metal ammo boxes, german engineer tools, ammo shell casings, old papers stuffed together! I even was lucky enough to be given as a gift a wooden 8,8cm ammo box with writings and date still present!

On the other hand if you go relic hunting at battlefields you may find all kind of items, from helmets to old artillery guns! You may never know untill you hear the *bip* of the machine!

And to top that in Crete i have seen Junger 57 aluminium parts being used as rooftop for hens! In Crete almost every old house has something from the war... Now if you are lucky enough and spot the item and the house is empty or abandoned or you know the owners you may be able to take it!
    yes my friend.that kind of itemsand relics i want some day to find.who knows.if some day i visit i will find something.even if it is a rusty nail. part of history
    (οτι ναναι αρκει ναναι εκεινης της εποχησ)

Patriot the song Volks ans Gewehr was introduced(i think) by the Volksturm to support the last defenders of the 3rd Reich and call in the arms the civilians(Volks and Gewehr=people at arms)

dont know about the song book.maybe someone can tell us

Sadly dont have something new in my collection.I was experiment with lled lights.what do you believe?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my really small collectiion   my really small collectiion  

my really small collectiion   my really small collectiion  

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast