Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My relic collection - All new and updated !

Article about: I have had the pleasure of seeing Steve's collection in person, but it has grown since my last visit! What I do like are the captions added giving the details of where the items were found.

Default My relic collection - All new and updated !

Hi all

Please find below pictures of my relic collection. It has grown an awful lot over the past year and I have had to add numerous extra display cases/stands !! This doesn't include any item bought or given to me. Those things, of which there are a lot, are in a room in the house. This thread is just for relics.....

All items shown have been found by myself on numerous sites up and down the country. Looking at them now, that's one hell of a lot of holes I've dug

First up, my main cabinet, nearly 7 feet high and 3 across.

Shelf 1 contains bits of mortar from an old gunnery range.

Shelf 2 is a 'small' collection of 50cals, 20mms and 303s from the same range. There's over 1,000 303's here !

Shelf 3 is spent 303s and remains of lee-enfield clips. The 'whole' 303s at the back I've made up from decent spent bullets and cartridges found on the range. Middle are items found at a POW camp and right hand side are all the 50s I've found on the airbase I've been searching.

Left side of this shelf are 50cal bullets and then bomb plates and other items. Far right are 20mm cases, again all found at the airbase I've been searching.

Personal items, cutlery, buttons and coins etc from the airbase.

Loads of miscellaneous items, again from the same airbase. All the buckles and clips I've now mounted on cup hooks on the back of the cabinet.

Merlin engine exhaust stubs and various dials, drop tank filler caps and spent cartridges, again from the airbase.

Now onto the next cabinet.

This one was put together after my main one overflowed and contains mainly personal items and toiletries from around the barracks at the airbase.

Top shelf is toothpaste tubes and similar items. Mainly American.

Shelf 2 is more of the same with loads of Jam lids and mansion polish.

Back of shelf 2 is especially for LUCKYSTRIKE. Shavallo pots

Shelf 3 is miscellaneous items with lots of razors and other things from the airbase.

Last shelf is from a different airbase. Bomb pistols, 50cals and 20mms along with lots of transport nuts from aerial bombs.

Then I had to build a stack of smaller display cases because the other two became full.

These are items that were found at various sites around the country.

The display cases are old perspex retail display cases obtained from shops who were throwing them out

First case is all the items found at a USAAF air gunnery range. The labels tell you what everything is.

Next are all the items found at the USAMC dump, with a great many thanks to Falchimjager (Tim).

Next up are all bits of British grenade found at the gunnery range. Lots of base and top nuts, along with many bits of internal column.

Lastly, the label says it all ! (The MG42/34 belt on top wasn't dug.....just bought )

And now for my last display.

This has just been added following the discovery of and visit to an RAF airfield base dump. Whitehunter, LUCKYSTRIKE and myself spent many hours searching the net and the ground to find this place, and what a find it turned out to be !

I have filled this display stand already, and we've only had one serious digging day at the place !!! Heaven knows where I'll display the relics after our next visit !

The items are all marked on the tags on the front of each shelf so open the pictures to get a better view. There is even a shelf of odds and ends on the floor that I can't fit on the unit !

Hope you enjoyed looking through my collection.

Steve T

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My relic collection - All new and updated !
    P
    Many

Default Re: My relic collection - All new and updated !

Wow thats a super collection..and as u say " a lot of holes "...thanks for showing..

Thanks Darren

HAHA! Looks like your going to have to build another display 2 trips and its already full

?

Brilliant! Really nice in the cabinets!
    Jimbo

WH - I KNOW ! Filled it after one visit.........need to think of another solution

Jimbo - Thanks mate

Steve T

?

NICE COLLECTION ! Lol how manny days have you spent digging for this rusty treasure !

Very, very nice collection! A pleasure to look at. Thanks for posting.

Very glad to see you showcase all of these items, if it were not for your hard work of searching and digging, all of these pieces would have slowly vanished and would have been forgotten. I'm pleased that someone has put all of this to good use.

That must have taken a lot of hard work and patience Steve! But how rewarding

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast