Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My rusty collection!

Article about: Here is my little collection corner... I love displaying it but I can't say that my friends share my interest of WW2, and there is nothing better to make a hot girl my age (22) turn and leav

?

Default My rusty collection!

Here is my little collection corner... I love displaying it but I can't say that my friends share my interest of WW2, and there is nothing better to make a hot girl my age (22) turn and leave like showing her this! so now I display it for you, people who (i hope) enjoy it

Attachment 367056
    The corner

Attachment 367057
    Kurland pocket relic collection (dug up by myself!)

Attachment 367063
    Brittish "Back them up!" poster from ww2, unfortunaly split in half..

Attachment 367062
    Brittish "Back them up!" poster from ww2, unfortunaly split in half..

Attachment 367058
    I could not afford another glass display so I went with this ugly bookshelf SS helmet and some awards, wehrmacht helmet and some K98 casings from kurland and a Russian helmet from kurland together with some pieces of a Italien bunker that I ripped of in Greece! To the left is a panzerfaust tube I found in Kurland and on top is my collection of books, photo albums and feldpost.

Attachment 367059
    Ugliest SS helmet ever? STILL SS!

Attachment 367061
    General Assault badge, EKII and KVK

Attachment 367064
    Some nice photo books about the war in Scandinavia and Narvik (with color photos!)

Attachment 367065
    My favorite photo albums. It's a double-album set belonging to a German soldier who saw a LOT of action- on both fronts. The first album primarily covers France, (and a little of Holland and Poland). The second album is primarily the Eastern Front. It appears as though he was with a Gebirgsjäger unit. These albums have no captions- they were assembled under trying conditions by a hardened soldier who was not artistically inclined, but his eye behind the lens makes up for this. There is about 200 (or more) photos in each album. About 2/3 of the Western Front album is comprised of postcards bought in Paris and France. It's not until we get to the last third of the album do we get into some meaty photographs, which jump then to Poland, Danzig, Rovaniemi Koskikatu and up to the Arctic Circle in Lappland, Findland.

Attachment 367066
    My feldpost collection. My favorite feldpostletter with a dried flower, some SS feldpost and a collection of 100's of feldpost letters to the same women from different soldiers. All in acid free plastic sleeves to preserve them.

That's it!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My rusty collection!
    P
    Many

Default Re: My rusty collection!

Very nicely presented.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade! That means a lot to me comming from such a veteran collector

Cool collection and very nicely displayed.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Really nicely laid out mate, not cluttered just presented really well.

I like the stones in the cabinets! Very nicely done!

Can we see some more photos of the glass cabinet display please?

Hot damn! ..... and my stuff is on a couple of shelves in the garage! ( and in boxes )
    Love it!
    Dan

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I like the stones in the cabinets! Very nicely done!

Can we see some more photos of the glass cabinet display please?
    Thanks a lot! Here is a separete thread with the glass cabinet:
    Part of my Kurland collection finally in a nice display

- - Updated - -

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Hot damn! ..... and my stuff is on a couple of shelves in the garage! ( and in boxes )
    Love it!
    Dan
    Thanks a lot! One of the few perks of being a bechelor, no one to tell me I can't display my "awfull gruesome war things" in the living room Before they were in my boring study

I must echo the above comments, I like the helmets with the stones, makes a very effective display
    Ben

Using the stones works really well - I may have to steal that idea if I can ever pursuade the 'trouble and strife ' to have my collection on such prominant display...

I LOVE those posters, and I know I would be allowed to display those as they would definitely be in the "acceptable" category. If you ever get bored of them.........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast