Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

My small collection

Article about: Re-sizing my good pictures was taking a bit, so I just re-took them with my blackberry. I apologize that they arent the best pics. So here are some pictures of my small collection. I added s

?

Default My small collection

Re-sizing my good pictures was taking a bit, so I just re-took them with my blackberry. I apologize that they arent the best pics.
    So here are some pictures of my small collection. I added some other pieces the other day but they turned out to be fake (as mentioned in another thread), and I suppose thats what I get for buying things I was unfamiliar with

Various armbands, some little odds & ends that I've picked up at gun shows and estate sales, an AK bayonet that had too much character not to take home, and a center piece from a flag.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My small collection   My small collection  

My small collection   My small collection  

My small collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small collection
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My small collection

And here are a couple Japanese pieces, a small flag and a helmet. The flag came from a dealer and I stumbled across the helmet at an estate sale. And there is also a pic of my favorite piece, the canteen my grandfather carried through Europe.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My small collection   My small collection  

?

Nice collection! Nothing like having a piece of history that ties directly to your family. Thanks for sharing!

Hi
    Nice collection I would,nt mind a few of them pieces myself.

Martin

The Air Gunners brevett (wing) is interesting as it is Canadian made but is marked "RAF". These are usually embroidered "RCAF": this one must have been made in Canada but for sale to RAF air crew. My Great Uncle Sid wore a Canadian made brevett, but with the RCAF letters unpicked. He qualified as an Air Gunner in Canada. The standard pattern RAF version did not have any distinction to it.

Cheers, Ade.

You don't find many Japanese items at yard sales !

Nice stuff ! Good score ! !

Regards,

Steve.

?

The amazing thing about our hobbie is that for some of us ,over 40 etc ,we can remember as kids actually playing with some of the best finds you could hope for,there was a gang of us who played war games my gang had all british gear ,helmets ,belts etc and the "enemy" had all original gear some german some japanese there were helmets all over the place that each kid brought out with dads permission. One of the boys had a beautiful japanese naval marine helmet and also the samurai sword and belt ,he used to chase us with the sword , how crazy that would be today!!!.As for yard sales well we dont have them as such we have car boot sales and the dealers get in before us mere mortals.But in england we have recycling depots and theres on just down the road from me and i call in there every now and then. I manage to get some small bits and pieces but not much but the other day i was walking into the depot and saw a lad walking out with a nice looking picklehaub on his head .I asked about it inside and i had just missed it .The lad had paid £30 cash.i was gutted.

Quote by davejb View Post
    The amazing thing about our hobbie is that for some of us ,over 40 etc ,we can remember as kids actually playing with some of the best finds you could hope for,there was a gang of us who played war games my gang had all british gear ,helmets ,belts etc and the "enemy" had all original gear some german some japanese there were helmets all over the place that each kid brought out with dads permission. One of the boys had a beautiful japanese naval marine helmet and also the samurai sword and belt ,he used to chase us with the sword , how crazy that would be today!!!

Most parents were GIVING this stuff away to us youngin's !

( Remember using 1907 Bayonet and scabbard in "sword-play" taking out chunks of leather and almost destroying the scabbard ? ! ! )

.........Reminds me of when I was 7 or 8 and playing around in and old abandoned barn which was frequented by a lot of kids in the area, and came across a WWII British leather flying helmet and MK VIII goggles, just lying there on a pile of hay. I took them with me and then decided that my parents would wonder where the heck I'd gotten
    them and flip out, so I hid them in a pile of rocks by a creek that ran through a neighbors property. I began feeling very "guilty" and so returned them to the same spot the next day...............

I wonder who's they were, and where they are today !

Regards, Steve.

( Old guy ! )