Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My small Collection

Article about: Hello I've just joined the forum, and thought I would introduce myself and post a few pictures of a bit of my collection. I've been buying bits on and off since a kid, but really started col

Default My small Collection

Hello

I've just joined the forum, and thought I would introduce myself and post a few pictures of a bit of my collection. I've been buying bits on and off since a kid, but really started collecting in ernest in the last four or five years. The photos show what I have out on display in the loft, theres a lot more in and on top of my wardrobe in the bedroom (no room for proper clothes!). As you can probably tell I have a focus on British and Commonwealth kit. Like most collectors my biggest problem is space, especially as I am in the RNR and keep getting issued more kit which has to displace my collection! My wife thinks I'm mad, but just lets me get on with it (I don't always tell her everything I buy or exactly how much everything costs though...)
    My small CollectionMy small CollectionMy small CollectionMy small CollectionMy small Collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small Collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: My small Collection

Hi Warspite,, and welcome to the forum. Looks like you have some nice collectibles there. Hopefully in time you can post them in detail as we enjoy seeing this stuff!! I am not up on firearms ,, but is that a Bren?? Looking forward to future posts,, and thanks for sharing some photos. bring the rest out of the closet also. We like "eye candy here" Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Yes, its a 1942 Inglis Bren II made in Canada, De-Act unfortunately, but they wont let us keep live LMGs in the loft in the UK! Since these photos I've got my Thompson M1A1 back as well as that one normally sits in the empty space in front of the Bren.

Nice stuff matey, welcome to the circus

The Bren is a beauty, looks to be in great order, I have a Mk1 in very similar condition.

Good collection you have. I have a fair amount of British items and I notice you have a Wolseley pith helmet, some side caps and a number of tunics and BD blouses and I'd love to see some individual pictures of any and all of them when and if you can post them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for all the comments. Its drill night tonight, but I have tomorrow off work so if I can get half an hour when I'm not looking after little 'un I'll get up in the loft and start taking a few detail photos!

As requested, the first of many detail photos. This is a grouping to a Peter a Mahler. There is his suitcase, square rig jumper, shirt, two nelson collars, hussif, money belt and leading hands patches. The badge on the sleeve is for an aircraft handler and the tally is for HMS Daedalus, which was a FAA base in Portsmouth. Inside e pocket of the jumper was a third class rail ticket from Portsmouth to Brighton dated January 1954. Hope this whets the appetite for some more bits of my collection
    nMy small CollectionMy small Collection

A clearer photo of the Royal Navy Commander's jacket. The cream rings denote the Paymaster branch. There is a matching waistcoat with this uniform as well. I bought this one very cheap (£13), but it was rather bedraggled. I have patched up the moth holes as neatly as I can and I think it looks pretty good now. There were only about 150 men of this rank in the branch at the start of WW2 so its a pretty rare uniform. Going on the medal ribbons we have surmised that the officer served in WW1, retired and was called back up for home service in WW2.
    My small Collection

Very nice. Its great to see some naval items, which are so often overlooked.

Quick post of this lunchtime's additions. Two menus from RAF Changi for Christmas 1956 and 1957, an AM marked button stick dated 1952, a WD spanner dated 1954, a pipe wrench with broad arrow and 'war finish' marking and a 5 frank bank note from 1943 in occupied Belgium.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My small Collection  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast