Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My small collection

Article about: very nice collection "the pacific" was a brilliant series tom

Default My small collection

Hello all!

I have finally gotten around to taking some pictures of my collection as it is currently being displayed. It is not all of my helmets as I do not have enough room just yet to display my lesser helmets.

What do you guys think? Please feel free to offer any suggestions for improving my collection/ display!

THANKS!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small collection
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My small collection

Thanks for sharing GIZMO8Z. Some nice lids there. As for improving the display, how about putting a shelf up above the unit then spread the helmets out a bit. You would see and appreciate each of them more that way. A nice flag or something on top of the unit would set it off nicely too.

Regards

Carl

Quote by carltiger View Post
    Thanks for sharing GIZMO8Z. Some nice lids there. As for improving the display, how about putting a shelf up above the unit then spread the helmets out a bit. You would see and appreciate each of them more that way. A nice flag or something on top of the unit would set it off nicely too.

Regards

Carl
    Hi Carl,

Thanks for the response! My intention was to collect at least one lid from each of the major powers involved in the war. Considering I have stumbled upon a German Luftschutz, American OCD and Japanese civil defense helmets, I might as well try to get civil defense helmets representing other nations as well!

It is embarrassing, but I will admit that I am still living with my parents until I can get a more stable teaching job and pay off some of my mountain of student loans (I hope I can get rich soon, because July 2030 can't come soon enough...). As such, space is at a premium for me. I have a French infantry M26 and other non-WW2 helmets that I just don't have room to display. Beyond that, I have some paper documents (American ration booklets, German letters/ stamps and coins) that I have no idea how to display.

I also have a stunt M1 Garand from the HBO series The Pacific that is part of my collection. A personal friend of mine played a prominant role in that role and I am considering having him sign the Garand or at least the letter of authenticity that I got from the prop company.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not it is ok to display helmets with this type of helmet stands? Some of the liners on my helmets are extremely fragile and I'd hate to cause damage to them...

Quote by carltiger View Post
    A nice flag or something on top of the unit would set it off nicely too.

Regards

Carl
    Sorry, I forgot to comment on this!

I would love to add a period American flag and/ or a Japanese personal flag. Does anyone know a good source for period flags?

Nice display! Maybe, add a handgun or a long rifle, and a flag on the wall above.

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    Nice display! Maybe, add a handgun or a long rifle, and a flag on the wall above.
    Thank you very much!

I am seriously considering a flag(s) for my collection. I'd love to get a nice period American flag with sewn stars... or maybe one of those banners that families put in the window to signify that one or more of their sons was in the service. I'd also love to get a Japanese personal flag... something about the hand written text and well wishes from shrines, family and friends on those flags gives me goosebumps.

I do have an M1 Garand... but it's not real. It's a 1:1 replica with exact weigh that was a stunt prop used in the HBO The Pacific series. I'm thinking about having my friend who was in that series sign it, but I'll have to wait until he's back in town. He' currently in New Orleans shooting the new G.I. Joe movie.

Here is a poor quality shot of my prop M1

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Thank you very much!

I am seriously considering a flag(s) for my collection. I'd love to get a nice period American flag with sewn stars... or maybe one of those banners that families put in the window to signify that one or more of their sons was in the service. I'd also love to get a Japanese personal flag... something about the hand written text and well wishes from shrines, family and friends on those flags gives me goosebumps.

I do have an M1 Garand... but it's not real. It's a 1:1 replica with exact weigh that was a stunt prop used in the HBO The Pacific series. I'm thinking about having my friend who was in that series sign it, but I'll have to wait until he's back in town. He' currently in New Orleans shooting the new G.I. Joe movie.

A flag would make that empty space, "complete", if you know what I mean.
    And what friend was is The Pacific? That was a pretty good series.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Joe Mazzello aka Eugene Sledge aka "Sledgehammer." Our fathers grew up together. I played Little League baseball with his younger brother, John.

Picked up a killer W.W.1 German sawback bayonet yesterday and this poster. It would display nicely I think

very nice quality display ,on ebay uk you can pick up british cd helmets at a good price and they look great displayed with a period mask does your us cd helmet have any insignia sorry i dont mean to hijack your thread i just want to show you the display posibilities heres a pic of my cd helmets with gas masks my american cd helmet is red for some reason if you are worried about damaging the inside of the lids just sit the helmet on a thin piece of foam to seperate from the stand thanks james My small collection

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast