Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

My Small Collection of German Militaria

Article about: My Father-in-Law, who passed away this past Spring, was a veteran of WW II and served in the 103rd Division. He was awarded a Bronze Star and Purple Heart, among other medals. During his tim

?

Default My Small Collection of German Militaria

My Father-in-Law, who passed away this past Spring, was a veteran of WW II and served in the 103rd Division. He was awarded a Bronze Star and Purple Heart, among other medals. During his time in France, he was able to secure a small collection of battlefield souvenirs. He has given me a portion of his collection due to my interest in WW II. I'd like to share those items with you.

Afrika Korp Cuff Title, for some reason, cut down:

German Eagle:

A pair of trades badges; Electrician or Radio Operator?

A German typewriter and case:

A Stag handled bayonet, previously posted:

Switzika armband, also previously posted to thie forum:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. When he moved to his lake house in mid 1980's, he offered me a tunic he had hanging in his basement. He thought it was an infantry private's tunic, but I knew better;

This "tunic" deserves more than this little teaser, so I will dedicate a new thread to it in the very near future.

I'd be interested in opinions on each and every item I posted here. Since my main area of collecting is RCAF, Canadian and US uniforms and equipment, I have much to learn regarding Third Reich items.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Small Collection of German Militaria
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Small Collection of German Militaria

Hi Gary, great items and thanks for sharing them with us.

The two badges are for wireless operators.

Cheers, Ade.

The typewriter is particularly fascinating

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Great stuff!!

?

My collection of German WWII items just grew a little bit larger recently. I picked these up last weekend during a visit to my In-Laws; more suveniers my Father-In-Law brought home from the war. A nice enlisted man's belt and three buckles, one of which appears to be a nickle plated HJ buckle:

My Small Collection of German MilitariaMy Small Collection of German MilitariaMy Small Collection of German MilitariaMy Small Collection of German MilitariaMy Small Collection of German MilitariaMy Small Collection of German MilitariaMy Small Collection of German MilitariaMy Small Collection of German MilitariaMy Small Collection of German Militaria