MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My small collection (WW2 and DDR)

Article about: My collection is mainly DDR and German items from WW2, but the 75mm shell casing and the flyer (a replica is displayed) are Norwegian. The Sten gun magazine was originally used by the Norweg

?

Default My small collection (WW2 and DDR)

My collection is mainly DDR and German items from WW2, but the 75mm shell casing and the flyer (a replica is displayed) are Norwegian. The Sten gun magazine was originally used by the Norwegian Armed Forces, so I count that as Norwegian as well.

The flyer (the A4 paper) replica was made using the German made typewriter from the 50's/early 60's. The original is a bit too fragile to display, sadly.

The 4 lined up rounds with 1 bullet on the left aren't real and are all modern as well as the shell casings with 1 rounds by the foot of the 75mm shell casing. They are just for the look of it and bear no historical value. (Does not include the 25mm green shell casing)

My small collection (WW2 and DDR)My small collection (WW2 and DDR)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small collection (WW2 and DDR)
    P
    Many

You're off to a good start, Kevlar...It's always encouraging to see younger folks interested in the Militaria-Hobby, and I wish you continued success in your collecting...!
    cheers, Glenn

MAP
    ?

Kevlar,

Agree with Glenn, always nice to see young guys start collecting. There's aways a derth of people under 50 to the shows I go to!!!

Don't worry about the size of the collection. Trust me....it will grow and quickly.

And always come to the forum to ask advice and show your stuff!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice collection kinda looks like when I just started. Those are some nice Soviet pins all I find are the ones for propaganda like the Olympics and Government, I can never find one that looks like that.

?

Keep it up Buddy!!! The older guy's(HaHa) need to have a fan base that will continue this hobby into the next decade!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

A good tip for me at least, if you are ever in a flea market and something looks period and cheap buy it because the seller might not know what he has (only do it if it is extremely cheap like 20 or 30 so you won't be burned to badly if it is fake). Don't gamble on an item either if it looks iffy don't buy it without it being authenticated ( Ex. spending $75 on a N.S.K.K. eagle without knowing what it was I got lucky on it but luck will only carry one so far).

?

Nice collection you have started Kevlar. And welcome to the club!

?

Thanks a lot guys! I hope to add several items to my collection for the years to come. To avoid getting any fake items in my collection I will be sure to ask here first and not take any unnecessary risks.

I picked up the pins on a flea market in Berlin. If you ever go to Berlin, visit a flea market - they are very likely to have a variety of Soviet pins for around a euro or two a piece!

?

I got a Norwegian canteen from a flea market, found a visor cap from the Landstreitkräfte (in the NVA) for a non-commissioned officer from 1988 (Y = 1988) in a drawer and I bought some MG-belts which arrived today, with 7 training rounds. I believe the belts to be of the stainless steel kind as they aren't painted, they are from the Norwegian army, used with the MG3.
    These belts were also used by the NVA, win-win.

I have also put a German booklet from 1942 on display, it's called "Schnelle Truppen Teil 2", from a flea market in Berlin.

My small collection (WW2 and DDR)My small collection (WW2 and DDR)My small collection (WW2 and DDR)My small collection (WW2 and DDR)My small collection (WW2 and DDR)My small collection (WW2 and DDR)My small collection (WW2 and DDR)

very nice collection kevlar the white shelving and walls really highlight your items well ,its great to see your interest in DDR i never got chance to visit the berlin flea market but maybe next time, regards james
    Regards James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast