Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My small Japanese collection.

Article about: by ghp95134 独歩一五五 Doppo 155 [I'm not certain of the exact translation, but I'd say "Independent Infantry 155" 田中光正* T

Default My small Japanese collection.

As I collect mostly German items, I do not have very many Japanese pieces. I have been an edged weapons collector longer than "Militaria". I picked this Japanese officer's sword about 25 years ago. Since getting into militaria, I decided that I needed a few things to display with my sword. I am quite please with the result, I hope you like it as well.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My small Japanese collection.   My small Japanese collection.  

My small Japanese collection.   My small Japanese collection.  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small Japanese collection.
    P
    Many

Default Re: My small Japanese collection.

It is a hand folded blade with no markings on the tang. It has a leather weather cover with some writing inside. There are a couple of small marks on the edge, but I felt that I could accept the condition based on the rest of it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My small Japanese collection.   My small Japanese collection.  

My small Japanese collection.  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I have just completed the display case that I felt would show it off to the best that I could. The flag is draped over a wooden dowel at the rear top of the case as I did not want to create any folds in the flag. The sword supports and medal display plate are set in one piece and are removable. The medals and tabs are a small grouping that I aquired specifically for this display.
    As I said, I hope you like it. Opinions are welcome.
    Ralph.

?

Hi Ralph , an edged weapon collection would certainly not be complete without one of these , and yours is a beauty
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Quote by Alan M View Post
    Hi Ralph , an edged weapon collection would certainly not be complete without one of these , and yours is a beauty
    Thank you Alan, my thoughts exactly!
    Ralph.

Very nice display!

Regards

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    Very nice display!

Regards
    Thank you Ingrid!
    I would like to add, the frames above the case are just some of the miniatures that I have created over the years.
    Ralph.

Very nice display indeed.
    I like the "hamon" on this sword.

Quote by stekker View Post
    Very nice display indeed.
    I like the "hamon" on this sword.
    Thank you.
    There is also a black leather with red felt backing hanger on this sword, I didn't want to leave it in front of the medals.
    Ralph.

Quote by Alan M View Post
    I agree completely.
    While I collect mainly fighting knives and daggers, I still just HAD to have a Japanese sword.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast