Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Son's Display

Article about: wish my son had the interest for collecting...nice going...

Default My Son's Display

My son starting picking up pieces of militaria about 2 years ago. His first item was the German M34 helmet you see in the photos, he picked it up for a few bucks at a yard sale. He started picking up little pieces here and there and about a year ago he really started getting the bug, always wanting to go to antique stores, war surplus etc.

A 16 year old high school studen with limited cash funds so of course he does not have the resources to add any of the real nice (costly) collectables to his collection. He does not collect any specific item or country, he’s got a little bit of this and a little bit of that, items ranging from a US Army Clarke’s Universal Foot Measuring Device, to his grandfathers 1945 USMC First Issue Seabag and even a shaving kit that was used by his great grandfather while in a Burma Prison Camp. He likes the odd stuff that will get people asking questions. Many items have been gifted to him from friends and family members who have served.

These photos were taken this past weekend. He is a cadet at our local Commemorative Air Force unit which asked him to display his collection at an event they here hosting. He loves to display his collection, answer questions and tell about items that came from family members. What I have him working on now is cleaning things up a bit and making it look more presentable. Working on skirts around the tables, completing uniforms etc.

He’s off to a great start and it has been a lot of fun to help him out for me as well!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Son's Display
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Son's Display

Excellent A display and a son to be proud of !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Great ! i enjoy it and it just reminded me again that you do not have to be a millionaire ( sometimes it help !) to be able to enjoy the hobby and at this age the future is ahead of him with the help and encouragement of his father .Wow! i wish i had my parents encouragement instead of the "women don't do that ! ".
    Keep the good work and some very nice piece your son have love the woman cap !

Frenchy

?

Its good to see some one so young have such a keen interest

It is extremely nice to see that you are proudly supporting your son
    in his hobby instead of chastising or berating him.

Years ago, my folks thought my militaria collecting habit was just a waste
    of money and did not see any important historical value or investment
    potential in it. I suppose it might help to have direct family members
    involved in war or military service, but not in my case !

Your son has collected a great amount of wonderful items.

Thanks for showing them.............!
    Regards,

Steve.

Well done to you both! Great display.

I was lucky to have supportive parents who saw the value of what I was buying at his age. They understood it was of value and though it was better than me wasting it on cigs or drink like many teenagers would if they could get away with it.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Very nice display! Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Very good !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the Kudos to the kid, I'll pass them on. Yea, he is a keeper, couldn't ask for much more....and he lets me play with his stuff too

Congrats to him great start. we look foward to his post in the future....My personal collection is worth nothing if our youth dont engage in the future of war rellics we must remember the past so we dont repeat it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast