Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My stolen collection

Article about: are you trying to collect again?

Unhappy My stolen collection

Here are some photos taken 4 years ago when I was 14 years old. I have been collecting since I was a little boy ( 7 years old). I saved all my money and worked very hard to get money to buy militaria. I was very interested in the history of WW2 and talked to lots of war vets, and they often had stuff from the war lying around that I could have for my collection. And that was better than Christmas for me! I also read books about ww2.
    But when I was about 17 years old, I came back from vacation that summer and I found that 90% of my collection was stolen. The burglars had taken most of my stuff, and what they didn`t take with them they broke or left in the trail with militaria left along the road as they were in a hurry. Some of the stuff that was stolen was:
    11 - Mauser 98k
    3 - Lugers p08
    4 - Full infantryman`s Equipment ( 2- Tornister backpack and 2 - assault pack)
    + lots and lots of field equipment!
    8 original German helmets (including 1 single decal (95%) kriegsmarine helmet that was given to me buy a German vet that served at a costal artillery defense base here in Norway.)
    2 - replica German helmets.
    Bayonets an knives, china, uniforms, Norwegian infantry mod. 1918 uniforms ... it just goes on and on...
    The only things I was left with was my SS- muser and some home front stuff from my family`s ww2 actions against the Germans during the war (These things where in a different location)

I was so mad that I could and probably would have beat the robbers to death! I partly lost my interest for collecting ww2 militaria after that , but it has become a part of me, and I can't stop. I am back now after a year with no collecting. Last week I decided to start again. I just can`t believe that other people's stuff can`t be left alone!

Just before I went on vacation the summer my stuff was stolen, I had talked to a museum that was interested in some of my stuff, and would like it on display in their museum..

After the burglary I started slowly collecting German WW2 photos from Norway, and now I have about 1200 photos. Figured that photos wouldn't be as likely to get stolen, so now I have a nice little collection of photos
    My photo collection can be seen here:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photos-papers-propaganda-3-reich/leander-haslerud-s-photos-18523/

I started collecting seriously at 16, and that`s when I got most of the valuable stuff. But unfortunately I don`t have pictures of these items, I do not know why I didn't take pictures of them.

So anyway, here are some photos of the stuff I had when I was 13 -14 years old
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My stolen collection   My stolen collection  

My stolen collection   My stolen collection  

Attached Images Attached Images My stolen collection 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My stolen collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: My stolen collection

It is a shame to hear about your collection, i hope mine doesn't get stolen as well, i have been collecting for about 4-5 years. I have gotten a lot of my stuff from my neighbor too(He was a little boy during the war, and saw the horrors of war. And his cousin lives a couple blocks away and he was a part of Milorg).

I am sorry to hear you got your collection stolen. I hope you were insured. Although money can NEVER replace the items you lost, it does help ease the pain a little.

I hope they find the scum that did this.

Steve T

Quote by oksnevad_2 View Post
    Here are some photos taken 4 years ago when I was 14 years old. I have been collecting since I was a little boy ( 7 years old). I saved all my money and worked very hard to get money to buy militaria. I was very interested in the history of WW2 and talked to lots of war vets, and they often had stuff from the war lying around that I could have for my collection. And that was better than Christmas for me! I also read books about ww2.
    But when I was about 17 years old, I came back from vacation that summer and I found that 90% of my collection was stolen. The burglars had taken most of my stuff, and what they didn`t take with them they broke or left in the trail with militaria left along the road as they were in a hurry. Some of the stuff that was stolen was:
    11 - Mauser 98k
    3 - Lugers p08
    4 - Full infantryman`s Equipment ( 2- Tornister backpack and 2 - assault pack)
    + lots and lots of field equipment!
    8 original German helmets (including 1 single decal (95%) kriegsmarine helmet that was given to me buy a German vet that served at a costal artillery defense base here in Norway.)
    2 - replica German helmets.
    Bayonets an knives, china, uniforms, Norwegian infantry mod. 1918 uniforms ... it just goes on and on...
    The only things I was left with was my SS- muser and some home front stuff from my family`s ww2 actions against the Germans during the war (These things where in a different location)

I was so mad that I could and probably would have beat the robbers to death! I partly lost my interest for collecting ww2 militaria after that , but it has become a part of me, and I can't stop. I am back now after a year with no collecting. Last week I decided to start again. I just can`t believe that other people's stuff can`t be left alone!

Just before I went on vacation the summer my stuff was stolen, I had talked to a museum that was interested in some of my stuff, and would like it on display in their museum..

After the burglary I started slowly collecting German WW2 photos from Norway, and now I have about 1200 photos. Figured that photos wouldn't be as likely to get stolen, so now I have a nice little collection of photos
    My photo collection can be seen here:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photos-papers-propaganda-3-reich/leander-haslerud-s-photos-18523/

I started collecting seriously at 16, and that`s when I got most of the valuable stuff. But unfortunately I don`t have pictures of these items, I do not know why I didn't take pictures of them.

So anyway, here are some photos of the stuff I had when I was 13 -14 years old
    It is extremely sad when you cant have anything without the worry of those who will steal from you. That was some collection and id have been absolutely devastated if it had been me so can sympathise fully. Dont let it put you off but at same time i would just fit extra security in your home and if you go away maybe get a relative to stay there until you return, as that might deter any burglar. If i ever catch anyone breaking into my house god help them, they wont get away in one piece as the dog will attack any intruder without hesitation. Thanks for showing the pictures and sorry again to hear of the loss of such items. Regards, Tim.

WOW!!! That is the finest collection of any 14 year old i've ever seen!! You must have had one hell of a newspaper round to afford all that!!

Seriously, were you insured on these items....even on your dad's house insurance. If not you missed a step there didn't you, what with the careful selection of these desirable items as shown and others alluded to. Even four or five years ago, this was a very valuable investment for a senior collector, never mind a schoolboy. I hope that you have recovered from your loss, and post some of your recent purchases on this forum. Thankyou for your story, it should serve as a warning to all.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

11(live) Mausers, and 3(live) Lugers-- all registered on you? Or?

Quote by Mr Jan View Post
    11(live) Mausers, and 3(live) Lugers-- all registered on you? Or?
    All deactivated! And thank god for that!

In Norway you can only own 6 weapons, no more than 1 weapon per caliber (If you want more of same caliber you have to have a good reason for it), No weapons of automatic, semi auto (max 3 or 2 round mag) and the weapons has to be certified for hunting and you need to be a hunter. If you want to own a live pistol you have to be 21, and have been a active member for 6 months to 3 years to own your own pistol.

If you are a registered collector (which is not easy) you can have much more stuff... i dont know the law there...

Of course you know this because you live in Norway as well

sounds like me, im 17 years old and ive been collecting since i was 6. its a bit of an obsession of mine : )
    i dont know what id do if my collection was stolen. i think id just die!
    im very sorry to hear your loss

Today I actually found a missing piece from the stolen collection..

In the back yard.. Under and between some garden stuff I find one of my straight E-tools with carrier..

I was happy, angry and sad at the same time.. I will post photos tomorrow..

Quote by oksnevad_2 View Post
    Today I actually found a missing piece from the stolen collection..

In the back yard.. Under and between some garden stuff I find one of my straight E-tools with carrier..

I was happy, angry and sad at the same time.. I will post photos tomorrow..
    Photo of the E-tool..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My stolen collection  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast