Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My study/war room

Article about: Still an ongoing project and I have tried to de-clutter it so some items are out of sight in boxes and some items are in other rooms in the house.

Default Re: My study/war room

Quote by Normandie View Post
    norwegian flag? :P
    Nice room btw
    It was a few euros in the fleamarket when I lived in Amsterdam, as was the S. African one, both probably left behind by sailors or sports fans?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Great room! I am still waiting the bricklayers for make reforms in my room; Actually my stuff is in boxes. 3 months waiting....

Quote by Edmil View Post
    Great room! I am still waiting the bricklayers for make reforms in my room; Actually my stuff is in boxes. 3 months waiting....
    Hopefully it will get done soon.

As the title suggests, this is my study and has a big desk in it and some other furniture which I moved out of the way for the pictures. Luckily I own a big house (mortgaged to the eyeballs) with lots of rooms which allows most of the over-spill to spread around it and also my wife is pretty cool and has some items in her study, plus I have items in the 1st floor bathroom (WWII ceramics) and some more helmets, shell cases and a flag in the library and a few other items in the master bedroom, including another flag and there is a another flag on one of the unseen walls in my study. I probably need to de-clutter a bit more or maybe sell some of it, though it is so damn addictive!
    Regards,

Jerry

A feast for the eyes Jerry! Well-organized and lots to look at! I like the way you organized and display the German Specialty Patches...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Some great looking BD's Jerry !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

so this is the Mecca of Pith helmets... they are very nicely displayed! Alot of member's war rooms are complete messes lol, so it is refreshing to see a neatly organized collection for once

Regards,
    Corey

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Some great looking BD's Jerry !!
    Thanks Paul. There is a thread on my BD's and other uniforms.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/collec...ection-189729/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brit commonwealth tunic october 2012 montage smaller.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	294.3 KB 
ID:	412150  
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    so this is the Mecca of Pith helmets... they are very nicely displayed! Alot of member's war rooms are complete messes lol, so it is refreshing to see a neatly organized collection for once

Regards,
    Corey
    Thanks Corey. Trying to make it more organized is one of the things I have been trying to do, de-cluttering as I called it, but the tunics are the problem as they are difficult to display without spending a fortune on dummies and I would need a bigger room. I might frame more of the German cloth insignia as a lot of it is just in a box, as shown in one of the pictures and that is not very satisfactory IMO
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12