Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My tribute to submarine K-141 "Kursk"

Article about: Hi, there! And Merry Xmas! Here is the little memorial I made from an enamelled badge of russian submarine Kursk (died 08.12.2000) : The badge itself is 1.5" wide (3,7cm) and 1 6/8 high

phil2008
    ?

Default My tribute to submarine K-141 "Kursk"

Hi, there! And Merry Xmas!
    Here is the little memorial I made from an enamelled badge of russian submarine Kursk (died 08.12.2000) :

The badge itself is 1.5" wide (3,7cm) and 1 6/8 high (4,4cm), with screwback. I found the frame in an antique shop. It's made of wood, with rounded glass. I made the backgroud of red satin on padded material, and of a piece of russian Saint George Order ribbon. The wooden frame is 3 4/8" in diameter (9cm) and 0 6/8" thick (1,8cm), in an old golden color. The glass is 2 3/8" in diameter (6cm). This enamelled badge seems to be very scarce, whereas painted badge is very common and easy to find.

2. # ADS

Default Re: My tribute to submarine K-141 "Kursk"

Wow Phil2008 great piece of work and a great tribute to those who perished in the Kursk.

phil2008
    ?

Thanks a lot for your comments Mugshot! Yes, the wreck of Kursk was a tragedy, and the comedy of rescue was a shame! Thinking that several sailors survived for 2 or 3 days and were not rescued is awful!..

?

Most of them, ( this is underwater-cruiser ) and more than 3 days, I think 7-12 days they was alive....
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

phil2008
    ?

A survivor wrote a letter to his family before he died. The paper was found in his pocket. He said that 23 people escaped to the rear part of the submarine. The events he wrote about also shox that these survivors died within some days.
    At the same time, very precious time was lost for rescue...

FDutil
    ?

Great work, looks outstanding! (Superbe travail!)

If you'd like to add some commemorative medals to it, let me know, I'll give you a few links to them. A few Russian organizations have minted some decent ones.

HDTony
    ?

Phil

Outstanding work and thank you for posting it.

Tony

phil2008
    ?

Merci beaucoup, FDutil !
    You can write to me in english or french, as you want!
    I agree for links to russian badges about Kursk submarine. I saw such badges, they look great!

phil2008
    ?

Hi, Tny!
    Thanks a lot for comment!

Quote by phil2008 View Post
    Hi, there! And Merry Xmas!
    Here is the little memorial I made from an enamelled badge of russian submarine Kursk (died 08.12.2000) :

The badge itself is 1.5" wide (3,7cm) and 1 6/8 high (4,4cm), with screwback. I found the frame in an antique shop. It's made of wood, with rounded glass. I made the backgroud of red satin on padded material, and of a piece of russian Saint George Order ribbon. The wooden frame is 3 4/8" in diameter (9cm) and 0 6/8" thick (1,8cm), in an old golden color. The glass is 2 3/8" in diameter (6cm). This enamelled badge seems to be very scarce, whereas painted badge is very common and easy to find.
    Hi and Welcome !! salut et bienvenue dans ce forum ! tres beau travail ! grande tragedie que le naufrage du Kursk ! J ai suivi un peu le sauvetage ! et par la suite j ai acheté un badge différent du tien ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My tribute to submarine K-141 "Kursk"  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.