Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My wall o' helmets/room display

Article about: Hi guys, I bought a couple of bookcases the other day and spent a couple of hours reorganizing my room and putting everything together. I think it all turned out quite nicely. As it turns ou

Default My wall o' helmets/room display

Hi guys,

I bought a couple of bookcases the other day and spent a couple of hours reorganizing my room and putting everything together. I think it all turned out quite nicely. As it turns out I have 16 'nice' helmets. There are a couple of placeholders in there, for example the repro SS helmet cover, but things like that will hopefully be replaced sometime. I also have most of my documents and nicer insignia framed up on the wall. I hope you guys like it! Let me know if you want to see anything in detail, although most of this stuff has been posted individually.

I'm planning on picking up one more of these bookcases to display my soft caps and various bits of nicer field gear that I own. Feel free to shoot out suggestions!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My wall o' helmets/room display   My wall o' helmets/room display  

My wall o' helmets/room display   My wall o' helmets/room display  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My wall o' helmets/room display
    P
    Many

Default Re: My wall o' helmets/room display

Mo

Very nice display! I like these "open air" type of displays. The poster is really cool, is it a page from a paper or a poster?

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Mo

Very nice display! I like these "open air" type of displays. The poster is really cool, is it a page from a paper or a poster?

Green
    Hi Green, thanks! The poster is a cheap repro I ordered just for display purposes. I have another one too, a Soviet one, but I haven't found a spot for it yet.

Mo

I like propaganda posters but they are rediculously priced. Also, I have seen dealers selling posters attached to cardboard....what is that all about? I can see having them unrolled and shrinkwrapped but attachment ruins them. Anyways, I like your display, looks great!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Good stuff Mo.
    Congrat's on a very nice collection mate.
    All the best mate
    Dave

Thanks, Dave. There is more, but I don't have a good spot to display it yet. Hopefully a third bookcase will complete the whole show.

Green, the whole cardboard thing is strange, I know. I can't remember where I bought mine but I will send you the link if I come across it again. I was talking to a dealer the other day about propaganda posters. He said that when he was in the military in Kyrgyzstan in the 80's (or 90's, I can't remember when he said it was) he used to come across stacks of WWII-era Soviet posters all the time. He said that people threw them away when they were found because they were considered junk. He never took any home, and he regrets it now.

OOH, that would be nice! A stack of Russian WWII propaganda posters, would love to have it. Feel free to forward the link if you find it.

Can't even imagine what has been thrown away over the years.

Green

Very very nice...... you've got some real gems on the helmet display of yours

G43
    ?

Awesome collection! Are those two M-44 nagants on that rack?

I put my two shortest rifles on the rack, which is a Mosin-Nagant M44 in the front and a Steyr M95 in the back. I'm still trying to figure out what I should do with my M91/30's and K98's!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast