Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My war room in the making

Article about: Hi guys thought id show you the start of my war room project in my loft its took a while to get going but ive started now at last.I have loads more to do and its an ongoing project as my wif

Default My war room in the making

Hi guys thought id show you the start of my war room project in my loft its took a while to get going but ive started now at last.I have loads more to do and its an ongoing project as my wife has a baby on the way in Febuary so need to get as much done now while still getting the spare room ready.The boxes in the background have to be sorted and displayed right as i am very limited up in my loft.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My war room in the making   My war room in the making  

My war room in the making   My war room in the making  

My war room in the making   My war room in the making  

My war room in the making  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My war room in the making
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My war room in the making

Airwarrior very nice start keep us posted on any updates to the war room. Gary

very nice collection air warrior once it spaced out through the loft it will look superb if you get time have a look at my loft its where i keep all my items also ,its my retreat when the wife and daughter gang up on me ,please keep us updated on the progress please ,thanks james

?

Very Nice Mate i Love The Type B & C Helmets

the flight helmets are great also i like the use of the cammo netting the german helmet and potato masher are great also

One thing for sure its bloody cold! but very hot in the winter so i shall not insulate between the rafters because the warm air has to go somewhere i do insulation for a living and i have two layers under the boards already! M ay invest in a small electric heater .I also must remember to remove all my leather and rubber items out in the summer and put downstairs.(military ones!)

Thanks guys the cammo net was used as was cheaper than plastering and painting i dont have the time as i already got pleanty of decorating to do in the nursery.I will buy another cammo net and fill in any gaps with prints and photographs i have .If i come accross a cheap roof window i will nab it and fit it obviously being carefull of any planning permission etc think legally im allowed to fit one to the rear but would have to check that out.The dark would protect everything a lot better anyway i think.

i fitted a single rooflight to the front of my loft it has a blackout blind incorporated so its the best of both worlds its best to apply for the building regs book him to visit on the day of the work once you have removed the tiles to expose the rafters and have prepared the opening with horizontal noggings leave it like that untill he arrives (weather permiting ) the only thing he is interested in is whether you have cut through any load bearing structures if you have measured right this shouldnt be the case he will give his approval and leave and thats about as far as his involvement goes so there not much to it really i think the docs are posted to you at a later date hope this helps james ps its also worth securing you loft hatch with a descent padlock its a good way of keeping your investment safe from thieving scum ,living room displays must be easy pickings for burglars

Yes security wise i have an old burglar alarm from when i used to own a shop i took it with me i sahll alarm the loft and fit a sound bomb in there as well and if anyone does get in hopefully they will have no hearing when they leave!! If i catch them then i shall have to go to a taxidermy forum as i could do with a couple more manequins lol

Thats a great collection you have. Now all you have to do is figure out what your going to do with the heap in the corner.

regds, Ty