Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My WW2 Collection So Far

Article about: I will keep it. My mum is the manager of a charity shop and gets handed in some interesting stuff I got the medal from her work, a box full with hundreds if not a thousand stamps, old coins

Default Re: My WW2 Collection So Far

No they were not.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My WW2 Collection So Far
    P
    Many

I am quite jealous of your Auschwitz memorial medal. I've wanted one for awhile now, but just don't know enough about them to make the leap. Does anyone know if they're reproduced? Also, does anyone know the difference between the ones that are marked RP or PRL?

Ok I believe the RP and PRL represents which batch the cross was made. Best I could do thus far. I also think you need the book to identify whom the recipient was. I couldn't find yours in the Auschwitz:Birkenau memorial and museum database, but I don't believe that means much.

Yes I had problems trying to find this person in Jewish databases, so I'm looking into searching Polish records. I could swear the sell had a screenshot of an online Jewish database with the person on record but I can find it anywhere so it must have mean another medal I saw.

They are faked and I post pictures here before I bought it. There is a thread on here that compares the real medal to a fake one.

Here you go: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...z-cross-27173/

I still want to make a memorial display with the medal in it, but I don't think the men in question is Jewish.

Many thanks gents

"but I don't think the men in question is Jewish." That's no a problem IMO, make it a holocaust memorial display instead.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    "but I don't think the men in question is Jewish." That's no a problem IMO, make it a holocaust memorial display instead.
    That's what I'm going to do I'm currently looking into getting repo pieces to make the display.

Hey gents,

Sorry I've been away for so long.
    I think I've found the gentleman whom the Auschwitz Cross was given to.

Aleksander Poczatek, son of Franciszek and Krystyna. Born 2nd May 1925.
    It may not be him, but it's slim chances that two people have the same name and same fathers name.

Sadly no know medals as Monday is short but maybe Santa will bring me one
    Hope your all well gents.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW2 Collection So Far  

Hey All,

Got myself a few medals and a big thank you to Nick for my two beautiful boxed Faithful Service Crosses

My WW2 Collection So Far
    My WW2 Collection So Far
    My WW2 Collection So Far
    My WW2 Collection So Far
    My WW2 Collection So Far
    My WW2 Collection So Far
    My WW2 Collection So Far
    My Two War Merit Cross
    My WW2 Collection So Far
    My collection fits in a box Lol, Well at least until I get a shelve for a little display.
    My WW2 Collection So Far

Gla you like them

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Be careful the Auschwitz medals are heavily faked, and a decent one will set you back around £80-100, the suspension ring should have barbed wire embossed onto it there are also two versions, please do your homework on these very easy to get stung,, many replicas available on ebay also armbands.

Thanks greatwhite. Yeah they are faked a lot but they are easy to spot. It is real

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast