Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

My ww2 militaria - 2011

Article about: New Today - 7. June!!!! WOUND BADGE IN SILVER 1939 This wound badge in silver I got for free It is marked: "127"

Default Re: My ww2 militaria - 2011

Looking forward to see photos of your MG "militarymania"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My ww2 militaria  - 2011
    P
    Many

It looks like I mixed up the photos in post #20 and #19, the photos of the two Iron cross should be the opposite..
    So the photos in #20 should be in post #19 and so on..

Sorry for that

New Today 9. June!!
    M36 Style Heer Medical Hauptman "Reserve"

Got this MINT M36 Medical Officers tunic today!!

It is a M36 style tunic with a five button front. It's Made in a nice style grey ribbed gabardine cloth. Dark green badgecloth stand-and-fall-collar with pointed tips. Officers dull aluminum collar tabs on dark green base cloth, piped in cornflower blue. Tunic has sew-in dullgrey aluminum officers shoulder boards with cornflower blue wool underlay and second color grey for reserve. Each strap has a set of medical ciphers as well as two guilt pips each denoting rank of Hauptman d Reserve in Medical branch.

Attractive hand embroidered bullion breast eagle hand sewn over right breast pocket. On left breast pocket are loops for one award and above pocket loops for a medium place ribbonbar. In second buttonhole there is a KvK 2 ribbon sewn in place.

Tunic has a green/grey rayon lining with pyama striped cloth in sleeves. Slot to left lower pocket for dagger hanger to pass through. Tailors label at neck from maker "Uniform Specialhaus, Melchior, Kassel". Lining is in a very good condition with no holes and very slight staining. Outside tunic is in a little worn and very nice condition. Tunic has a couple of pinhead sized holes on backside and some slight wear at front, no other holes, rips, tears or mothing.

Tunic is in a large size!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My ww2 militaria  - 2011   My ww2 militaria  - 2011  

My ww2 militaria  - 2011   My ww2 militaria  - 2011  

My ww2 militaria  - 2011  

?

i like it , but did the medics not have an armband of somesort to show that they were medics?

?

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    i like it , but did the medics not have an armband of somesort to show that they were medics?
    Hi H.i.S

Under the terms of the Geneva Convention medically trained/qualified personnel were/are entitled to wear the Red Cross marking on a solid white background in order to claim protection as non-combattants. (Priests and Padres can also wear the marking and claim its protection) This is worn regardless of rank and, usually, only in a combat zone.

It should be noted that STRETCHER BEARERS cannot normally claim the right to wear the RC marking, but, in the British Army at least, used to wear an armband with the letters S.B on.

Up to fairly recently, any personnel claiming the protection of the Red Cross could not legitimately carry any weapons, however this was changed with an amendment to the Geneva Conventions when medical personnel became allowed to carry personal weapons "for the protection of any casualties and themselves".

It should also be noted that not all countries are signatories to all of or parts of the Geneva Conventions, which goes partway to explaining why the Japanese in WWII treated PoWs etc the way they did. They were NOT signatories at the time.

Hope this is of some help.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

New Today 9. June!!
    Heer Major in Infantry Rgt 16 M36 Tunic, Deutsche Kreuz in Gold reciptant.

Major in Infantry Rgt 16, M36 tunic. Five buttons front. Tunic is in Good worn condition, showing wear and some slight stainings.
    It has sew-in dullgrey aluminum senior officers shoulder boards with white wool underlay, each one having a set of "16" ciphers.
    Officers dull aluminum collar tabs on dark green basecloth, piped in white machine sewn to the stand and fall dark green collar.
    A Bevo NCO/Officers Flat wire eagle on dark green backing is hand sewn to tunic above right breast pocket,
    eagle show matching wear as the rest of the insignias as well as the tunic.

On left breast pocket are loops for 3 awards and above are loops for a medium ribbonbar. Iron Cross 2´nd class as well as
    East medal ribbon in 2´nd button hole. On right breast pockets are loops for a German Cross.
    (Note - the "Infantry assault badge" is just for filling ( I am getting a "General assault badge" and a longer ribbon bar)

Tunic is lined in light grey rayon lining with white cloth in the arms. The tunic has some stains inside, nothing major though.
    Tunic is in a quite large size! No namelabel inside pocket but tailors label at neck.

Outside tunic show wear and have some slight moth tracing to the dark green collar, very insignificant. There are two holes
    in front of the right shoulder board. The tunic has some small wear holes at the cuffs and some wear marks here and there,
    all are very small and does not distract at all, rather adds character.

As it belonged to a quite high ranking officer in the 16 Infantry Rgt I was hoping to find out who the wearer was.

This is a very nice well worn combat tunic!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My ww2 militaria  - 2011   My ww2 militaria  - 2011  

My ww2 militaria  - 2011  
    Last edited by oksnevad_2; 06-10-2011 at 02:06 AM.

?

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Hi H.i.S

Under the terms of the Geneva Convention medically trained/qualified personnel were/are entitled to wear the Red Cross marking on a solid white background in order to claim protection as non-combattants. (Priests and Padres can also wear the marking and claim its protection) This is worn regardless of rank and, usually, only in a combat zone.

It should be noted that STRETCHER BEARERS cannot normally claim the right to wear the RC marking, but, in the British Army at least, used to wear an armband with the letters S.B on.

Up to fairly recently, any personnel claiming the protection of the Red Cross could not legitimately carry any weapons, however this was changed with an amendment to the Geneva Conventions when medical personnel became allowed to carry personal weapons "for the protection of any casualties and themselves".

It should also be noted that not all countries are signatories to all of or parts of the Geneva Conventions, which goes partway to explaining why the Japanese in WWII treated PoWs etc the way they did. They were NOT signatories at the time.

Hope this is of some help.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    thank you

Both are very nice tunics. Well done. You are on a roll!

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade!

British Type C Drop Container - SOE Norway

I picked this up the other day, it is an original British "Type C Drop Container" parachuted down to Norwegian resistance fighters (SOE) agents during the war.
    It has the original markings and numbers and with the original paint still intact..
    It was recovered from a small lake in the woods near Oslo a couple years ago after being dumped/hidden by the SOE agents after unpacking them..

I packed it with some random stuff and dropped down into my Nabors garden LOL

I am looking for an original parachute for this and other items to fill it with. If anybody has anything that they are willing to sell (send me a PM)

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast