Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My year old collection!

Article about: I'm a young guy as all can see, with my grandpa and dad dabbling into the antique business, I've always been well versed in vintage items. Last summer is when I got my first, and real beat u

Default My year old collection!

I'm a young guy as all can see, with my grandpa and dad dabbling into the antique business, I've always been well versed in vintage items. Last summer is when I got my first, and real beat up, World War Two ammunition box for $10. I paid a little more than I should've but at the time I was just happy I actually got to keep something this time without being hassled to try and make some cash off it. Now I have managed to get a nice start on my treasures. My room is sort of being redone some my items aren't actually displayed. I took quick pictures as I had a lot to photograph, so if you'd like to see something a bit closer, by all means.. ASK! I'm more than willing to share. Ask questions if you'd like too!

First up is a 1964 dated Vietnam M1 on the fall camo side. There is some graffiti, it's a bit profane so I won't write it here. My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!

Next is a white m1 that itself dates to 1966. It has post safety marks and I got it from a gentleman who found it in the trash at fort drum in New York State. I put a new liner in that unfortunately is a later model as the original was not good after sitting in garbage. My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!

Next is a favorite of mine. The story itself is a long one that can be told upon request.. Long story short it was missing pieces and upon sorting it out, I discovered that the seller is Guy Sands Pingot who is a retired brigadier general and wore this when he was a major in Bosnia during the 80's. it's a paratrooper configured PASGT. My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!

Next is my Vietnam captains helmet from 1970. I have provenance. Guy retired a colonel and found god and became a catholic priest. Managed to get a book he wrote as well as a photo from the guy who had it in the rectory office. My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!
    My year old collection!My year old collection!

Next is a 2009 ACH helmet with an army digital cover. Size large and equipped with NVG mount and ballistic glasses and upgraded nape and chinstrap system. My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!

Now is my latest buy, a 1983 SPH4 helicopter helmet by gentex with smoke visor, all electronics, flight bag, and instruction booklet. Named to a Captain Yates. My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!

Now are two armbands. A bevo 1930's armband with rzm tag, and a 1980's field medic armband My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!

Next are a couple .30 cal ammo boxes. 2 are from World War Two while the other is later 80s that I got from an retired policeman. Also shown is a M1A211 WW2 era gas mask with carrier pouch. My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!

Another prized passion of mine... Vietnam era HGU 26 by gentex with a SCOTT MBU 5 oxygen mask and full liner. Named to Cadman Robb Kiker. Curious as to what a cadman is? Has smoke and clear visors and full electronics. My year old collection!My year old collection!

Now time for the big one.. Fixed bail Navy lieutenant helmet with a Westinghouse liner including leather chinstrap. My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!

Now I have a 1964 dated USAF blood chit with several South and Latin American languages. Also being shown is a Army backpack that saw a tour in Iraq, it's also very handy. My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!

Last but certainly not least.. My grandpas army jacket from when he was stationed in Berlin in 1964. 7th army and he was an E4 working on Nike Hercules missiles with the Air Force. This will forever be a cherished item and never going to be for sale. I can't even imagine the things that jacket encountered, tanks at the wall, the missile crisis, love with a woman he met there.. Emotional item for me. My year old collection!My year old collection!My year old collection!

I have an Israeli 1973 mortar box also, however I have some medical kits and an old projector on there so I can't photograph it completely, so here's a link to the thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ordin...-crate-329076/

Thanks again to all the wonderful people on this great forum who have helped me this far, and future thanks to help I haven't yet recieved. I consider you all family. Thanks so much and happy collecting. Remember to ask for photos if desired!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My year old collection!
    P
    Many

Some very nice items there!...

You have a good start keep it up

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thanks guys, still a work in progress.

?

You have a fine collection lad.

Great collection you have there!! keep up the collecting.
    Thanks for sharing these.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Good stuff.
    Always very nice to see a young guy collecting.
    keep up the good work.
    chris