Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Navy MINE/MIND Board Game

Article about: This post is most certainly not a solicitation nor sales pitch. Member stakeside ( Doug ) and Swedish Navy Officer Niklas would like to share this collectible of the future which is now bein

Default Navy MINE/MIND Board Game

Navy MINE/MIND Board Game

This post is most certainly not a solicitation nor sales pitch.

Member stakeside ( Doug ) and Swedish Navy Officer Niklas would like to share this collectible of the future which is now being produced by the Swedish Defense Material Administration for a formal presentation this coming January 2018.

This board game comes complete with a customized box and the small checkers are miniature ships in different colors. There are over 500 naval mine related questions and 30 mine identifications. The first production run shall be 100 sets. One of the question cards reads as follows......

QUESTION: The map section on this game board was taken from a hand-colored engraved map published 1635 ca by Willem Blaeu in recognition of that
    one made in 1626 by the FATHER of SWEDISH CARTOGRAPHY.
    What was his name ? ? ?

ANSWER: Anders Bure. ( The original map scanned for this boardgame is hanging on this game maker's wall. )

Doug has been mesmerized by the warship WASA ( sunk 1628 ) ever since he first saw it in Stockholm in the early 1960 's. Gifts to Niklas have always had the theme that education should be fun. So he has introduced this MINE/MIND game to motivate the sailors.
    Last edited by stakeside; 10-05-2017 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Neatness for Larry C

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Navy MINE/MIND Board Game
    P
    Many