Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

New Member: Sharing my Items! Would like opinions :)

Article about: Hello all! I realize I have already posted today, but more post will be showing as I constantly have the thought of taking pictures and posting them here. These photos linked are the beginni

?

Thumbs up The start of my insignia/patch collection

Hello all! I realize I have already posted today, but more post will be showing as I constantly have the thought of taking pictures and posting them here. These photos linked are the beginning of my insignia/patch collection. Shown here are patches from the 1st Marine division, 1st infantry division, 15th Air force, 8th Air force, and the 6th armored division. I only had about 20 dollars to spend, and found these at an antique store near my house. Lucky for me, I found these just thrown in a case next to some fine china, and antique shaving kits. I was able to retrieve all of these patches for 20 dollars, and the best part is....They are all original WW2 patches. The weave on the back clearly identifies them as WW2. Enjoy!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW2 MORE 018.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	230.7 KB 
ID:	520774Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW2 MORE 017.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	236.7 KB 
ID:	520773Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW2 MORE 016.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	236.2 KB 
ID:	520772Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW2 MORE 019.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	231.4 KB 
ID:	520775Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW2 MORE 020.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	234.3 KB 
ID:	520776

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: New Member: Sharing my Items! Would like opinions :)

Hello and welcome to the forum Ryan!
    As Nick stated, you have a very nice and eclectic collection of military items for one as young as you are. It is nice to see someone so young having a real interest in this "old, dusty stuff"!
    Congrats, and you will find many on here who "enjoy" viewing your collection.
    Ralph.
    BTW, do you collect any TR items?
    P.S. You may post as often as you like!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum Ryan!
    As Nick stated, you have a very nice and eclectic collection of military items for one as young as you are. It is nice to see someone so young having a real interest in this "old, dusty stuff"!
    Congrats, and you will find many on here who "enjoy" viewing your collection.
    Ralph.
    BTW, do you collect any TR items?
    P.S. You may post as often as you like!
    Thank you very much! Sorry, I am not familiar with the term, what are "TR" items? - Ryan

Quote by Ryan98 View Post
    Thank you very much! Sorry, I am not familiar with the term, what are "TR" items? - Ryan
    Sorry Ryan,
    I guess it would have been easier to understand, TR=Third Reich=German WW II items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Sorry Ryan,
    I guess it would have been easier to understand, TR=Third Reich=German WW II items.
    Ralph.
    Ah I see, yea I do collect some German Items, however, I have not been able to get my hands on a lot of German items except for some small things like a Mauser cleaning kit, and a K98 Mauser. I am looking into getting some German uniform pieces and medals.

Quote by Ryan B View Post
    Very nice start man, i have the same exact story as you lol. My name is also Ryan, im 15, i started when i was 8, and i live in illinois.
    Kinda funny how stuff matches up like that.
    Ryan
    If only I were still fifteen!!!Ok I know 39(very nearly 40)is not at death's door,but I wish I had the knowledge and the resourses avialible such as this forum offers"BACK IN THE DAY" when I were your age!!!That said, go for it!!!! And all the best, Leon.

?

Exclamation My Collection, From the Civil War-Vietnam Most of my items Currently on display

Hello everyone! I couldn't resist! I now have pictures of some more items, from other wars and not just WW2, I also have taken pictures of my display cases and "Military Room". Let me know if there is anything you see and would like to get a better look at, or have any questions. Thanks, and expect more to come! Side note: The yank magazines could not all be displayed, as I have well over a hundred of them, as well as many of the smaller pieces such as the M1 Garand oil containers, as these came in boxes of 50...This is not all of the collection! As I would rather not post 75 photos into one post. I will be adding them as time goes by.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW2 147.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	221.8 KB 
ID:	520919Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW2 080.jpg 
Size:	203.1 KB 
ID:	520910Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW2 082.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	233.0 KB 
ID:	520911Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW2 084.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	210.5 KB 
ID:	520912Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW2 085.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	213.4 KB 
ID:	520913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW2 086.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	520914Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW2 090.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	237.1 KB 
ID:	520915Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW2 119.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	520916Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW2 121.jpg 
Size:	223.2 KB 
ID:	520917Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW2 145.jpg 
Size:	214.3 KB 
ID:	520918Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW2 073.jpg 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	520909

Welcome to the forum! Most of us also started at young ages. I am fond of that M1 helmet.

Pretty soon you will find your niche and flourish.

welcome to the forum.

thanks for posting.

and wow... i really liked looking at this. as a previous member said, "eclectic". it's a good word for this collection. you have varied interests and it's nice to see so many different sorts of items in one place. the playing cards with the aircraft ID images are something i hadn't seen.

awesome.

?

Yea, that's pretty awesome! It says you are a U.S. WW2 3rd Army Reenactor? I have been looking into getting into WW2 reenacting, I just never was able to find a group to do that. What group are you in, where do you reenact? I hit up Midway village every year if you reenact there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast