Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

New War Room - You can help!

Article about: Still nice bowls. Rich A. in Pa.

Default Re: New War Room - You can help!

Some lovely ideas you guys have
    I have not yet decided how many display cabinets I will need, I might get some shelves etc too.
    You have a very good tip there about the electrical sockets, I will go downstairs and find out where they are located.

I think I will pass on the dinosaur stencils, although it would have been made it very interesting
    I have loads of posters and other things that can fill the wall(I'll add pictures when I get home).

The camo net idea is great, but I don't want any light to seep in, to prevent dust and damage to leather objects etc

Its funny you should mention the D-Day map idea, because I happen to have a giant Arial photograph of Sainte-Mère-Église(I think it is, I can't remember).

I had a little metal detecting trip yesterday with my friend for about 6-7 hours(I only found 2 shovels, kept 1, a cup and a schnapps bottle top) in not so good weather, so I started thinking about the room and had a few ideas, let me know what you think :

A display table in the middle which you can walk around with medals, badges etc in it.
    A gun rack
    A relic corner
    A Post-War corner

I'll see if I can get take some pictures later when the room has been cleaned out.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New War Room - You can help!
    P
    Many

First load had been transported:
    Most are Post-War:

I'll get some pictures up when I get there next week:

Best Regards

Vegard T.
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

I agree with TIGER88. Paint it black. My one room is. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

How nice to plan it from the get go. Make it big enough!

?

I have some large scale reprints of the D-Day landing beaches officially reproduced by the U.K. Hydrographic Office in a presentation folder for sale if you're interested.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Ooh! I love planning collection displays! When I'm old enough to have a house, I'm going to be basing my war room on a scene from Father Ted

apart from that, my only organising can really apply to one wall of my room...

One day, anyway

Robbie

Thanks for the comments guys

Rich:
    Not sure my dad would appreciate me painting the entire room black, I think he'd get quite the scare

helmetone:
    I can't really make the room bigger, but if there is something I have learnt from the 3 different rooms I have had my collection in is: The more space, the better.

Adrian:
    Hmm, I'm still not sure how much space I will have on my walls after I have put all the shelves up etc, so I'll have to get back to you on that. But thanks a lot for the offer

Robbie:
    Wow, you've got a pretty nice setup already! I'd be interesting to see how you're gonna get the cannon though . Also: What is in the frame? It looks like a relic of some sort? What episode of Father Ted is that?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.

?

To tell you the truth, I've never watched any episode of Father Ted but that one; my neighbours showed it to me after seeing my room XD it's the first episode of series three, "Are you right there, Father Ted?" you can watch it here - MovPod - Just watch it! - if you can bear to stomach all of the pop up ads! And yes, the gun will pose a bit of a problem, sadly, as will the full SS uniform you see later :/

Thanks about my collection! In the frame are a couple of scraps of SS camo helmet cover. That space in the middle shelf's going to have an SS helmet in it, come Monday :P

Robbie

Result of the move:
    I decided to fill the closet with my Post-War stuff, not sure if I am going to move them out when I get everything ready etc, but for now, it looks nice where it is:

I found an "Airfield plank" from a German airfield in the cellar(Found 2 in our boathouse):

I also brought a chest of drawers into the room which I might keep some medals, patches etc in. It is pretty fitting since it is Pre-war(Not sure of the date, but pretty sure it is Pre-1940s). With some cloth in the bottom of the drawers, I think it will be great:

Pictures of the room as it looks today:

Best Regards

Vegard T.

?

Have fun. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast