MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

New War Room - You can help!

Article about: Still nice bowls. Rich A. in Pa.

Red face New War Room - You can help!

So here it is:
    I took some measurements and pictures today and I made 3D view of the room I am going to put the collection in when I move(3-4 months).

It is a little bigger than the one I have now, so I am hoping for a "new start" with much better space and display.

I am on vacation at the moment, so I don't have any pictures of my collection as it is today, but I will get it added to the thread later so you know the amount which has to fit in it.

I have pretty much no idea how I am going to set everything up yet, so here is where you come in:
    Share your wildest ideas on how the room should be like.

The painted thing in the 6th picture is a cupboard(I forgot to add it to the other pictures).

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New War Room - You can help!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: New War Room - You can help!

First of all I spot a glaring mistake; your War Room has windows. It a well known fact, that a War Room is to be situated underground, painted in drab colours and having a musty smell.....well, the latter comes as a matter of course, when you move your collection into the room.
    Just kidding - your planned collection HQ looks fine. What a luxury to start from scratch in a brand new room. I bet some are herded into attic corners with strict orders not to bring anything old downstairs.

Hehe, thanks for that Scout

I'll need some drapes to cover up the windows(Or perhaps blackout curtains from the war? ). The room I have everything in now is about 1/2 of this one, so it will be great to start from scratch, get some new displays and some new opportunities
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

I certainly look forward to the result.

I suggest you do what I did. Decide how many display cabinets you are going to have and determine their size, then plan them in around the room. Like myself, you appear to be able to use Autocad so it makes the planning very easy. I created blocks to represent the cabinets and then moved them around the room until they fitted in nicely. I then added in any picture frames I had. Oh, you need to make a note of where the electrical points are as well........I planned mine in then had to move stuff around as one cabinet completely blocked the electrical sockets !

Your main display needs to face the door so it is the first thing people see when they walk in. Then arrange items to draw the eye around the room.

Sounds easy doesn't it. Took me AGES !!

Cheers

Steve T

?

Quote by Steve T View Post
    I suggest you do what I did. Decide how many display cabinets you are going to have and determine their size, then plan them in around the room. Like myself, you appear to be able to use Autocad so it makes the planning very easy. I created blocks to represent the cabinets and then moved them around the room until they fitted in nicely. I then added in any picture frames I had. Oh, you need to make a note of where the electrical points are as well........I planned mine in then had to move stuff around as one cabinet completely blocked the electrical sockets !
    Your main display needs to face the door so it is the first thing people see when they walk in. Then arrange items to draw the eye around the room.
    Sounds easy doesn't it. Took me AGES !!
    Cheers
    Steve T
    I think Vegar will pass on the Dinosaour wallpaper Joking.

I would frame some WW2 US Homefront posters and put them around the room in good quality frames. A big shadow box, and a headless manaquinn with a uniform.
    And you cant forget some Ikea display units

Cheers, Pat

?

As the Rolling Stones said, "Paint it Black".

Fuglesang
    ?

Or maybe a camo net to dim the incoming lights a bit. After all you can use the little spots (which you can use in closets) to realy make eyecatchers of your collection..

Like a tiny light from heaven, haha

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    I think Vegar will pass on the Dinosaour wallpaper
    They are stencils actually and I would whole-heartedly recommend them for a war room. Makes it more memorable......as you have just proven !!!

Just had another idea Vegar. You can get copies of the original D-Day landing beach maps off the internet at quite high resolution. I got a copy of Omaha, blew it up to BIG scale, printed it off in sections then joined the sections to make a big wall display. Perhaps you could do something similar

Steve T

?

Excellent idea

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast