MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Numbered Bergwacht Badge...

Article about: Hello Friends, I wasn't quite sure where to post this...Moderators feel free to move this if called for... A rather scarce -And Numbered!- Bergwacht Badge...Mountain Rescue/Recovery... My Al

Default Numbered Bergwacht Badge...

Hello Friends,
    I wasn't quite sure where to post this...Moderators feel free to move this if called for...
    A rather scarce -And Numbered!- Bergwacht Badge...Mountain Rescue/Recovery...
    My Alpine Grouping is coming together nicely, -one piece at a time-, and I look forward to the arrival of this interesting new addition to my display...Hope you like it as well...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Numbered Bergwacht Badge...   Numbered Bergwacht Badge...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Numbered Bergwacht Badge...
    P
    Many

Nice Glen! Don't think I have seen one of these before. Good find! Bob

Interesting little badge and one that has Been there! A shame we'll never know it's almost certainly fascinating prior life's stories! Nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Combat Boots View Post
    Nice Glen! Don't think I have seen one of these before. Good find! Bob
    Thanks Bob, much appreciated...There are several differing classes/versions into the Postwar Period, so I've been learning bit by bit about them myself...I think I did good for 30 Euros total as I haven't found any numbered ones anywhere near that price...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Interesting little badge and one that has Been there! A shame we'll never know it's almost certainly fascinating prior life's stories! Nice find!
    Those were my thoughts as well!! Glad you like it!!
    cheers, Glenn

nice one Glenn.I keep looking at that piece of eye candy you sent me,can't put it away .lol.

Great looking badge!.....

It's post-war. This is the Bergwacht-Ehrenzeichen in Silber [Bergwacht decoration in Silver], awarded for 25 years of service.

Have a look here:

Bergwacht-Ehrenzeichen

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It's post-war. This is the Bergwacht-Ehrenzeichen in Silber [Bergwacht decoration in Silver], awarded for 25 years of service.

Have a look here:

Bergwacht-Ehrenzeichen
    Thanks for the Info, Andreas! I figured that it was early Post-War...According to the link provided, this particular version was awarded starting in 1950 for 25 years of Service...It is a Bavarian State Award- I did not know that, at first I thought it might be Austrian...
    cheers, Glenn

You're welcome, Glenn. I knew I had seen the badge somewhere before and eventually found it in my copy of the 1996 version of the Bavarian Red Cross' regulations on awards and decorations.

I see that the current version of those regulations is even available online in .PDF format:

http://www.brk-bereitschaften-nuernb...._Ehrungen.pdf

I am sure they are of interest to you and perhaps other members as well, as they include photographs of all awards and decorations of the BRC.

(The various grades of the Bergwacht-Ehrenzeichen are illustrated on page 50.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast