Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

One small step for collecting, one giant leap for history preservation.

Article about: Gents, I'd like to share with you my modest display and collection. I've been collecting for about a month. I have a few other pieces at my parent house that I started my collection with whi

Default One small step for collecting, one giant leap for history preservation.

Gents,

I'd like to share with you my modest display and collection. I've been collecting for about a month. I have a few other pieces at my parent house that I started my collection with while I was in high school, those are on the other side of the country at the moment. All of my items have come from other collectors in Canada, mostly due to our dollar being in the dumps compared to the USD and the EURO.

My girlfriend calls it Tyler's Museum

Anyway here it is!

One small step for collecting, one giant leap for history preservation.One small step for collecting, one giant leap for history preservation.One small step for collecting, one giant leap for history preservation.One small step for collecting, one giant leap for history preservation.One small step for collecting, one giant leap for history preservation.One small step for collecting, one giant leap for history preservation.One small step for collecting, one giant leap for history preservation.One small step for collecting, one giant leap for history preservation.One small step for collecting, one giant leap for history preservation.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement One small step for collecting, one giant leap for history preservation.
    P
    Many

Nice collection and display, Tyler. You're off to
    a great start.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

MAP
    ?

I wish, oh I wish I would have started off like this. The book I mean.....

This is 100% the right way to start. Get the right reference material and it will not only save you tons of money but also give you the enjoyment of learning about the items.

This book (as well as a few others) do not sit on my bookshelf. They sit right next to my computer for immediate access.

I am glad you included this in your photos!

And a great collection you have started!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

You Do realize that you're doomed, of course? Collecting is a chronic disease and there is no known cure. All that helps is to keep adding to it! But, having said that, it looks like you're off to a Great start. I particularly like the little Red Cross mug.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Steve - Thank you for the kind words. Mean a lot coming from a moderator, a fellow Canadian to boot.

Thanks Michael. I really enjoy the book, glad I picked it up. I have been leafing through mostly drooling over the uber rare helmets. I am going to learn the manufacturing history of the three helmets I own now and dream of a few next purchases.

William - Yes, I agree. I am going to slow the disease for now and let the wallet recharge. Thanks, the mug cam from a flea market in eastern Ontario, Canada. There were six of them, my parents got me one for Christmas. It has a neat maker make on the bottom which from what I understand was manufactured under SS administration at the Bohemia porcelain plant in Czechoslovakia:

One small step for collecting, one giant leap for history preservation.
    Last edited by coldcashandcolderhearts; 05-21-2015 at 05:30 AM.

As Steve said, you're off to a good start Tyler!
    Keep up the good work.
    Ralph.
    P.S. I have not found that business card from that Militaria dealer yet but I do have a way of contacting him. I will get back to you on it.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Welcome Tyler! Glad you chose WRF! You will find more than just knowledge and great militaria here. Many stellar collectors, great collections and friends here. Nice collection you got brewing there!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Some very nice stuff there mate!...

You have some great items !! I cant believe that is only one month of collecting

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

great looking stuff Tyler. And Welcome to the forum.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast