Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzer Assault Badge Grouoing

Article about: Greetings, Here is another grouping I picked up at this SOS. I have been looking for a panzer grouping for a while, and when I saw this, I knew I had to have it. I am curious to know the fat

Default Panzer Assault Badge Grouoing

Greetings,

Here is another grouping I picked up at this SOS. I have been looking for a panzer grouping for a while, and when I saw this, I knew I had to have it. I am curious to know the fate of the individual who received this badge. His name is Rudi Pieritz. Is there somewhere I can go to find out what happened to him?

Thanks,
    Warbuff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Assault Badge Grouoing   Panzer Assault Badge Grouoing  

Panzer Assault Badge Grouoing   Panzer Assault Badge Grouoing  

Attached Images Attached Images Panzer Assault Badge Grouoing 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Assault Badge Grouoing
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Nice grouping!! Looks like a 3.3.2 variant. If the picture is high enough resolution you might be able to see if this is the same award as in the photo....maybe.

Have a question for Ned, Stewy and others (for my own learning). The legs of the "A" in the "AS" triangle does not seem to extend down as far as what I have seen in examples in De Bocks book. Is it just my inexperience?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice grouping!! Looks like a 3.3.2 variant. If the picture is high enough resolution you might be able to see if this is the same award as in the photo....maybe.

Have a question for Ned, Stewy and others (for my own learning). The legs of the "A" in the "AS" triangle does not seem to extend down as far as what I have seen in examples in De Bocks book. Is it just my inexperience?
    I would like to see more tight close up detailed pic's obverse (including the eagles head) and reverse taken straight on and details of the pin open and closed as well as good shots of the hardware before commenting further on this badge. Maybe others would like to profess an opinion on these two images alone?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Big Ned,

Is there something wrong with the badge in this group? It came from a good source so I'm sure the badge is fine, however I would like to know your thoughts further on why you may have a bad feeling about it.

Quote by warbuff View Post
    Big Ned,

Is there something wrong with the badge in this group? It came from a good source so I'm sure the badge is fine, however I would like to know your thoughts further on why you may have a bad feeling about it.
    Hi warbuff,

As I previously stated, I would like to see better photo's of the badge as I described them. The reason being so is that I have reservations as to the badges originality, but hopefully this can be cleared up one way or the other if the required pic's are shown. I'll leave it with you.

EDIT: Perhaps this might help. I think what you have is the same as what I nailed positively as a fake a few years ago.

PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Here are the additional photos requested
    Attached Images Attached Images Panzer Assault Badge Grouoing  Panzer Assault Badge Grouoing  Panzer Assault Badge Grouoing 

MAP
    ?

Thanks Ned.

I missed the flat ball hinge...dang. I do remember reading about this now. Sorry I missed that.

I see much talk about the problems with the obverse and hardware setup but I also think the makers mark is off as well? Do you agree or am I seeing something that is not there?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by warbuff View Post
    Here are the additional photos requested
    Its unfortunately a fake badge, and is clearly the same as the one in the link I supplied. Note the JFS catch with the anti rotational device fitted that was only ever used by that maker for later Grade II, III and IV Panzer badges. No Grade I badge by any maker used this hardware. Hopefully you can return the badge or better still the complete grouping as I would imagine the whole thing is a made up konvolut and as such is not collectible.

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 02-28-2017 at 01:00 AM.

Big Ned,

What are you referring to when you say anti rotational device? Personally, I like the badge. It looks identical to many other ones that I have seen, and has a great look to it. Another dealer at the SOS looked at the badge too and said that it was a beautiful badge. I'm not too worried about it because to me its a nice badge, but hey everyone has their own opinion, and I respect any viewpoints of the members here.

Cheers,
    Warbuff

I'm afraid I have to agree with Ned.
    The ball hinge, crimp, pin and catch are not correct for this badge. The maker's mark is also very weak compared to an original.
    You can compare here.
    It would also help if you posted little larger photos.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast