Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Portuguese Legion collection

Article about: hi, this is my personal website collection .. is maybe 30% of my personal stuff i will put the other pieces in this thread and try to explain the propose of the pieces.. hope you enjoy i cre

tks JMM, i´m counting in a short period of time to made a book about LP and their uniforms equipment and guns, i was contacted by a militaria portuguese editor , about the museum i have my one in my house in portugal all about Salazar and the fascist militia like portuguese legion is very delicate yet! i have doing some exhibitions and.. is normal in ours days the communists and other parties always have some discussion and problems.. in portugal is a discussion about 10years to do a museum about "estado novo" the salazar period and no one have the guts tu built all the political have afraid to do the first step ..
    i will udpate de threat and try to put some photos
    once more tsk and if you need something please tell

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Portuguese Legion collection
    P
    Many

a small flag for launch boat of brigada naval and the more common flag of portuguese legion ( they give this to the soldiers ) is not a flag for exhibition is more like a personal flag

Portuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collection

CBH
    ?

Great thread , I always enjoy seeing these rare collections of items . It's very educational to see them with a description .
    These threads are something I've always liked about this forum , keep up the good work .

tks chris.. i will try always update this and put some documentos photos .. and maybe explained some parts of history of the portuguese legion

JMM
    ?

Quote by MAN85CHA View Post
    tks JMM, i´m counting in a short period of time to made a book about LP and their uniforms equipment and guns, i was contacted by a militaria portuguese editor , about the museum i have my one in my house in portugal all about Salazar and the fascist militia like portuguese legion is very delicate yet! i have doing some exhibitions and.. is normal in ours days the communists and other parties always have some discussion and problems.. in portugal is a discussion about 10years to do a museum about "estado novo" the salazar period and no one have the guts tu built all the political have afraid to do the first step ..
    i will udpate de threat and try to put some photos
    once more tsk and if you need something please tell
    The book is a great idea. Hope it gets to be published. If so pls inform us here. Thanks
    As to the museum if you're lucky enough to have a display room at your place and if it is ok with you, I'd love to see it. About the "real" museum, I understand your point. But it is my opinion that it's with these museums that people have a more real like contact with history. If you could be the first one to step in it would be great (but hard, I know)
    Keep those pics coming. You have quite a LP collection

tks JMM, i put later some photos of my house and some of a exibition.. but i will put just another part of history i think is not very well none ... as i say the portuguese fight and spain , and after that about 200 go integrated in the blue division fight in stalingrad .. but until ours days we have few photos evidences etc etc.. but some new photos and material apear , first a cantil with a portuguese name was dig in stalingrad with a some portuguese canned tuna fish brands.. i leave the photo of the piece and a portuguese report and a photo of a portuguese soldier dead with the portuguese flag and german soldiers.. the piece is from a friend of mine .. now there is list of portguese soldiers give by the german and in ours days some investigation is in course to find more..

Portuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collection

JMM
    ?

Indeed an interesting and little known piece of portuguese history in the russian front. I had already seen the article about the flask found with the portuguese cross. If you have more pics or docs about the russian front pls post them. Thanks. The funeral pic is also very interesting. Had been posted here by another member - was a funeral in Germany to capt. Mariano Augusto Lopes Pires that fought on the russian front and died in Berlin, Sep 15th 1941.

sorry the delay but yesterday i go to france see portugal in the euro ...
    i leave one more photo of the funeral of the capt. and i leave some photos of the oficial mission of the portuguese army to the germany and russia during the ww2 to see and learn about the taticts and armament of the germany army during the war.. i leave the cover photo of the military relatory of the portuguese mission ...
    you can see in several photos portuguese and german officers in german and russia

Portuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collectionPortuguese Legion collection

a rare helmet.. no the model but from the propose ... is a ceremonial portuguese legion helmet

another portuguese legion helmet readapted .. is not so comum

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast