Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 27 of 103 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

Default Re: Post 1945 cams

not combat but an early US commercial frog skin late 50' early 60's looks similar to an ARVN special forces type, has WW2 type of rivet buttons
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-20-2012 at 01:52 AM. Reason: added photos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Rene nice MKII combat jacket the material is made for comfort and is rather a nice textile as it is breathable. I will start to run my Canadian Kit starting tommorrow or the next day as I need to take some better photos it is to dark right now.
    If you need anything to finish off your Canadian combats ie... trousers jacket,parka,tankers,flight suits etc etc etc let me know I will leave you with couple of photos of Canadian tankers and a MKIII light combat shirt the latter is a rather hard shirt to come by .

Regards Mark K
    Hey Mark when was the MKII introduced as I see your latest cams are still in this patt?

?

Hi Rene I have borrowed this information from ( canadiansoldiers.com ) hope this answers your question

Shirt-Coat, Man's, Combat OG 107, General Service, Mark 2
    In 1972, a Mark 2 shirt was introduced, further modifying the combat shirt-coat. Two finishes for the nylon-twist material were provided. An additional drawstring was added at the waist, the elbow reinforcements were deleted, and buttons on the front, cuffs and shoulder straps were now attached by cloth loops in the same manner as the pocket buttons. Velcro was added to the interior breast pocket, which was generally reserved for personal items such as wallet, identification, 404s (military driver's license), etc. An experimental version of this shirt-coat in camouflage material was never widely issued.

Final modifications to this pattern occurred in the 1990s with the addition of reinforced elbows once again. Variants in light olive and tan were known as Coat, Combat, Light Weight Mk II Type A, and Type D, respectively, and were issued to The Canadian Airborne Regiment Battle Group in Somalia. A tan version of the combat uniform was also issued to Canadians in Kuwait during Operation Desert Storm in 1991.

Regards Mark K

?

Rene there are many period images of US advisors and special forces in Southern Asia using this exact type of Camo pattern ( BEO Gam ) as early as 1963 and I have seen photos of it still being widely used up untill the late sixties the 13 star buttons are a dead give away in the images as is the pattern .
    According to my research there was a shortage of tropical camouflage available for use by US troops in country early in the war years as the only pattern avaliable was frog skin and the supplies were diminished after WWII and Korea so much of it was purchased privately and used in country to a Vietnam collector it is a very desirable pattern to add and a early Vietnam camo collection would not be complete with out a set the only thing better would be if it had period insignia and badges of course
    As to the manufacturer Kamo were a well know supplier as was the company Ranger .

Regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 02-19-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: SPELLING

?

Well I hope no one minds if I change up and add a little more greens to are salad on this very colorfull thread as I like the general purpose utilities as much as I like my camo and I would like to share some of my collection.
    First up Canadian MKII light weight combat jacket in the first pattern they were manufactured from 1972 till 1990 design was slightly modified with the addition of reinforced elbows and a few other small modifications after 1990.
    Second one is the second pattern MKII light combat jacket notice the modifications to the area around the elbows were the reinforcing has been added.
    The last one is the MKIII light combat jacket the design was completley modified notice the absence of the lower pockets this was to allow the new jacket to be tucked into your trousers,the absence of the draw string on the waist as well as the remodification of the upper pockets to a more flattened style with pen holders this variation to me should be considered more of a light combat shirt than a jacket.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams  
    Last edited by Mark K; 02-19-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: change text

?

Rene a little more info on the ( duck hunter ) BEO Gam camouflage pattern a little more research has revealed it was first supplied for military use by the CIA to Brigade 2506 Cuban Exiles and used by them in the Bay of Pigs Invasion.
    And as stated through out the Vietnam war most noteably by the Montagnard Civilian Irregular Defence Group ( CIDG ) counter-guerrillas untill the pattern was replaced in the mid 60's by tigerstripe.
    Now as to the trousers that you posted earlier they have been identified as a pair of ( RDF ) Rapid Deployment Forces ERDL's and date from between 1978-1981 ( Many thanks to the gents at the camo forum for there help ).
    A little more research into the pattern suggests that they are a transitional camouflage the dominant brown is to be considered the Highland version .
    This pattern was replaced soon after the production of this pair of trousers by the M81 Woodland pattern (BDU's ) by the US Quartermaster Dept on October 1,1981 and by the end of 1983 all branches of the US armed forces were fully equipt with the new M81 Woodland pattern with the exception of the Army Rangers that wore olive drab untill 1986 .

Regards Mark K

Gee Wiz Thanks Kindly Mark K, A couple of small surprises in my lot there

East German padded winter trousers

?

Nice set of Strichmuster winter pants Rene are the D rings on the interior waist line set up for suspenders.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Nice set of Strichmuster winter pants Rene are the D rings on the interior waist line set up for suspenders.

Regards Mark K
    I'd say so, two in front one in the rear

Page 27 of 103 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 ... LastLast