Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 33 of 103 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 83 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

Default Re: Post 1945 cams

I can die now, having seen every bloody thing!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

?

My Russian KVS camouflage uniform in the pattern of sunshine rays ( solnechnye zaychiki ) arrived in the post today and trousers and shirt are both tagged and dated 1984 and are indeed manufactured from a burlap type of material.
    The trousers are very basic construction and have elastic waist band and trouser legs with pass through pockets.
    The shirt is a little more of an interesting garment the hood is large enough to conceal a helmet with material to spare .And has a button on the back to be able to bunch the hood up in to a collar. The sleeves have buttons and cloth loops half way up the arms so the shirt can be worn as a short sleeve and finally the shirt would appear to be unworn as the button holes on the shirt are not cut through enough for the buttons to pass through.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams  

?

Morning gents have recently aquired a few new pieces to add to my collection first up is a nicely worn Belgium Denison jump smock and trousers dated 1956 these should work nicely for either a Belgium Congo display or the 1964 Stanleyville Hostage rescue.
    The smock and trousers I do believe are still in good condition and for the most part the colours appear to be still quite vibrant I think the seller had the flash on while taking the photos and has washed out the colours some what I will know better in a week or so when they arrive in the post .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

I have also had my eyes on some Belgian cams. Is it true that most of the sizes for the clothes in the Congo period are the same size?

?

That is a new one on me I have no ideal ? I do know there were two variations of this smock used in the Congo the main difference being the exposed snaps on the front pockets I will need to research it a little more.

Regards Mark K

All the sizes I have seen of the Belgian M56 "Congo" suit are the same, it is either that everyone was the same size back then or maybe they were more of a pull over suit? When you would have clothes undernearth that would be adjusted to the current temperature, and then the suit would just be put on.

?

I agree with you there the smock and trousers were initially designed to be worn over the battle dress during jump operations but I have seen period photos were the smocks were used as the main battle jackets by some soldiers .
    Can you imagine being in the heat and humidity in Africa and wearing one of these over your battle dress for the most part I think it would be like being in an oven as these were made from a heavy wind proof cotton material.

Regards Mark K

Would work out very well for the really bad weather, but having to wear a suit like that in the African heat would make everyone want to jump into a box of ice.

G'day all
    Here's a newey I received from a Very Good Mate in Aridzona USA!
    ERDL USMC 69 contract, patch work job, green dominant sleeves! not a common type like this, I guess Uncle Sam was in a hurry to get these out?

?

Hey Rene very cool shirt I like it something a little different to be shur.
    I have only seen one other example like this before it was as well a 69 dated ERDL the back of the shirt was dominant highlands browns and the rest of the shirt was the dominant lowland greens it was listed on Ebay a few months back.

Regards Mark K

Page 33 of 103 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 83 ... LastLast