Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 35 of 103 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

Default Re: Post 1945 cams

They look really great! The masks must be really rare, I have not seen one before.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

?

Thank you mate. Normally they are found in the right hand side back pocket. Sometimes they will eventually get lost. Did you know the KLMK is reversible? The fine grained "digi" pattern was and still are able to fool early night vision equipment. To some extent.

Regards, Lars

?

Some excellant contributions gentlemen as time goes on I am starting to notice some new trends in collecting some items that were ready available as surplus a few years ago are starting to become hard to find.
    There are many examples of post war camouflage patterns that are now starting to fetch high dollars in the market place such as Vietnam war time manufactured Tiger stripe ,ARVN , ERDL Camouflage, US Mitchell leaf pattern which is reversible summer and autumn etc..etc...etc..
    One of my all time favorites is a Egyptian camouflage dating from 1956, it is an"oakleaf" camouflage. pattern.
    This design is unquestionably copied from the German WW2 Waffen SS Beringt-Eichenlaubmuster (ringed oakleaf), the printing is much more crude than the original. It appears this design, reversing to the "sand" pattern, was primarily printed on lightweight canvas tents and heavierweight shelters, although there is evidence to show that some uniforms were also produced.
    Uniforms of this pattern are very rare and I have only seen one come up for sale in the market place about a year ago and it fetched a very high price upward of $ 1000.00 US at auction for just the tunic.

Regards Mark K

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Did you know the KLMK is reversible? The fine grained "digi" pattern was and still are able to fool early night vision equipment. To some extent.

Regards, Lars
    I did notice a similarity in the pattern on the reverse to the American night camouflage, but didnt think it was that, thanks for teaching

Mark, I think the Mitchell leaf pattern helmet covers are plentiful to be found from right places, but I have heard mention of pants in the same pattern that are almost impossible to find. I heard that they were made for special forces in the beginning of the war?

?

Mitchell patern camo helmet covers are still widely available do to the numbers that were manufactured as to the trousers I have seen a few pairs of these come up for sale over the years and every so often you will see a field shirt/jacket come up for sale .
    To see originals of these you can research them on the us militaria forum there you will find period photos of it in use by special forces/advisors as far as I know they were custom made in country and were never a regular issue item.

Regards Mark K

I have also seen jackets made out of Mitchell pattern shelter half, see here Mitchell Pattern Jacket - Vietnam War Uniforms

Today was a very good day for me!
    I went to a friends to have some new tires mounted, balanced and installed on my truck. While I was there, his neighbor came into the garage and I was introduced to him. He is 4th generation Canadian military. We got to talking and my friend informed him that I collected militaria. He asked if I was looking for anything in particular. I told him that I was recently looking to find some Arid Cad Pat items. He came back a little while later, and gave me these items.
    Post 1945 camsPost 1945 cams
    I got a t-shirt, scarf, pants and an undershirt for wearing under the body armour. It has the pockets for elbow pads, other pockets and lots of other good things on the sleeves.
    I am a happy camper!
    Here is the shirt for under the body armour and scarf. Also, my cat checking my new items out.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Smock. Stretches almost all the way down to the feet. Very rare and 100% original.

Attachment 378203 Attachment 378204 Attachment 378205

Attachment 378206

"Jump suit" 1954 This one and the next is the earliest "digital" camo pattern made. The design dates back to 1944.

Attachment 378207Attachment 378208Attachment 378209Attachment 378210Attachment 378211

This one is in used condition, but still have the mask. Same year. Stamps are placed on the lower part of the lag on both suits.

Attachment 378214 Attachment 378215 Attachment 378216

Attachment 378217 Attachment 378218 Attachment 378219

Attachment 378220 Attachment 378221

KLMK 1978. Very good condition. A sun bleached stripe in the middle.

Attachment 378239 Attachment 378232 Attachment 378233

Attachment 378234 Attachment 378235 Attachment 378236

Attachment 378231 Attachment 378237 Attachment 378238

I have one more suit. These are rare post war camo suits. Even in Russia they are hard to find. Not so much the KLMK suit of course, but one still have to look around to find one. I think many of the 1950's suits was sold abroad in the 90's. They should be pretty pricey i would guess. Hope you like them.

Regards, Lars
    Lovely lot there Lars, sorry for my late reaction

- - Updated - -

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Today was a very good day for me!
    I went to a friends to have some new tires mounted, balanced and installed on my truck. While I was there, his neighbor came into the garage and I was introduced to him. He is 4th generation Canadian military. We got to talking and my friend informed him that I collected militaria. He asked if I was looking for anything in particular. I told him that I was recently looking to find some Arid Cad Pat items. He came back a little while later, and gave me these items.
    I got a t-shirt, scarf, pants and an undershirt for wearing under the body armour. It has the pockets for elbow pads, other pockets and lots of other good things on the sleeves.
    I am a happy camper!
    Here is the shirt for under the body armour and scarf. Also, my cat checking my new items out.
    Ralph.
    Fantastic, what a nice fella.

Thanks Rene!
    Glad you like them as much as I do.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

A very desirable and hard to come by set Ralph as you well know the goverment is destroying almost all of the tempered as it is /was being used in the theater of operation in Afghanistan and there were some very real concerns it would fall into the hands of the insurgents and or the Taliban .

Regards Mark K

Page 35 of 103 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 ... LastLast