Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 36 of 103 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

Default Re: Post 1945 cams

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    A very desirable and hard to come by set Ralph as you well know the goverment is destroying almost all of the tempered as it is /was being used in the theater of operation in Afghanistan and there were some very real concerns it would fall into the hands of the insurgents and or the Taliban .

Regards Mark K
    This is also apparent with Aussie kit and fair enough

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

?

I recently purchased this Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern )field tunic which has been constructed in the style of a Gebirgsjager Windjacket at auction for a decent price.
    I had posted it in a different thread for authentication and Lars and his wife Anna had commented on the interior stitching Anna believed the sewing had been done with a modern machine. The tunic arrived in the mail a couple of days ago and there can now be no doubt that it is a post war manufactured item as the coverlock stitching is clearly evident and it would appear to have been applied with a surger type of sewing machine.
    The thread that was used in the construction does not pass the burn test either I do find it an interesting garment though and still have a few unanswered questions regarding this textile.
    Now that I have it in hand there is some definate age and patina to the cloth and it smells of old canvas I dumped a cap of water on the cloth and it beads up and or roles away and does not soak in to the cloth so it has the same waterproof/resistant qualities as a Zeltbahn.
    I am still interested in opinions on the materials used in the construction ie.. was an original swath of war time cloth or a zeltbahn used in the constuction of this piece .A good friend of mine brought this fact to my attention that it was not so many years ago that large swaths of WSS fabric were found in Germany and other Europeen countries that were occupied by the Germans during WW2 a little food for thought
    Regardless of weather or not the fabric is original period WSS cloth I find it an interesting Item and IMO it is a one of a kind custom manufactured piece and I gladly welcome it in my collection

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

?

I came upon this nice ERDL poplin class 2 slant pocket shirt a few weeks ago it is constructed in the low land (dominant browns ) camouflauge pattern and is in very nice condition and still quite vibrant .
    Something interesting I noticed about this particular camouflage pattern is there would appear to have been two types of dyes used in the black swirls as some of them are outlined in dark black fading into an almost dark blue in color .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams  

?

Nice Mark I will soon post some pics of the uniform and hat you sent me I have been very busy at work the last 4 days. Thanks mate

Regards, Lars

Good stuff fella's
    Cheers
    Dave

?

I came upon this little gem a few weeks ago and it is a must for Canadian Camouflage collectors (Garrison Dress ) this order of dress was very short lived and very unpopular with the troops do to the fact they were constructed from an unbreathable polyester material.
    They did spawn a new era of GD insignia and badges though some of which are very hard to come by from a collectors point of view.
    This particular Garrison Jacket has been striped of it's insignia but the tell tale signs of some of the badges are still there such as Airborne Qualification wings over the breast pocket.

Regards Mark K

Last edited by Mark K; 11-30-2012 at 05:48 AM.

This thread has been quiet for a while, so a bump...Australian Desert Auscam holsters left and right hand examples-for the Browning HP35 or Beretta M92M 9mm pistols. Auscam is now being replaced by a pattern similar to the current US pattern so the gear is showing up brand new for sale.

Post 1945 cams  

Bump to display thread to new members/interested parties.

?

A couple of new additions to the camo collection gents the first is a set of reversible camo over trousers I have been mulling over these for the last few days now the best I can come up withis a Finnish M-62 pattern or a Norwegian M-75 pattern any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    The first example is Finnish and the second one is Norwegian

Regards Mark K

Attached Images Attached Images Post 1945 cams  Post 1945 cams 

?

The second addition is a nice minty and unissued Cadpat boonie cap complete with neck flap and folding instructions both of these were recent thrift store finds thanks for looking.

Regards Mark K

Page 36 of 103 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 ... LastLast