Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 44 of 103 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol holster (and pistol) .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

Quote by Opex View Post
    Here I have a set of 1st issue Desert Camouflage Pattern (3 color ) these are fairly scarce and were issued for Desert Storm for limited services/units. As you can see form the label the Coat is dated 1991,the Trousers 1990. There is a common misconception that during Desert Storm all troops wore 6 Colour
    ( Choc chips) but as you see that is not the case.

Attachment 698084
    Attachment 698085
    Attachment 698086
    Attachment 698087
    This is same also for my 90 dated Sea Bees 3 colour, they also have a larger collar

?

Quote by William1 View Post
    Some great Gulf War kit here, Opex. Op Granby is an area I also collect to. I see you have a US undershirt, but do you have the British equivalent, or do you know how they are labelled? I think I know desert dpm fairly well, but have no idea what to look for on the T-shirts. (I'm not planning to bother with the underpants....)

Cheers, W.
    Hi W many thanks for looking and the compliments, I also have an extensive collection of Op Granby kit which will be my next post, Desert Storm/Op Granby/ Op Daguet is my favourite collecting genre. As far as I aware there was not a specific British Desert undershirt, and in reference pictures the troops seemed to wear OG t-shirts. I have a few non-military issue T-shirts from Op Granby which were I believe sourced in Kuwait at the time. It's great to hear of another collector who shares my passion for the Gulf war and I look forward to seeing what you have to show here, thanks again

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanks Gary I am glad you caught it most interesting indeed I will now now have to do a bit of further research
    As to the Erbsantarn P-pattern I have managed to add another set of K-4 trousers a few months back bought them on principal because they are so hard to source if you find your self in need of a set please let me know I am shur we can work something out I love bartering and trading

Regards Mark

Hi Mark no worries glad to help out. Check out this link for more information on African Lizard F1 jackets buddy.

lizard pattern used by few "Francophone" African country

I will give your offer some serious thought too,as I have been after a set of Austrian camo for years,thanks for that

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol holster (and pistol) .
    Many thanks lithgow it's great to be able to add to the fantastic camo already contributed, and that is an outstanding holster/pistol , I look forward to seeing more of your additions,kind regards

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    This is same also for my 90 dated Sea Bees 3 colour, they also have a larger collar
    Hi René, thanks for the excellent information!

I was of the opinion that these 3 colour Jackets with "Elvis collars" were only issued to USAF during the Gulf War, obviously they were also issued to USN too which is very beneficial to know for further research

?

Hi Camo fans,The next items I will be showing are British Operation Granby ( Desert Storm).

1st issue Sparse Desert DPM
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    2nd issue Sand and Rust Desert DPM
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Desert hat ( note these had black mesh vent holes for Op Granby)
    Post 1945 cams
    And some souvenir T-Shirts related to this conflict
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

?

Mk 6 helmet/cover, and 90 Pattern Desert boots.
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

And two examples of the Cover Combat Body Armour Vest (CBA). The first one is my favourite as it features period graffiti,but both are named.
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

?

90 Pattern OG webbing.
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

?

Desert DPM NBC No.1 MK IV Smock and S10 Gas mask in a 90 Pattern bag ( I have the matching trousers, but could not find them so will add them later)
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

Page 44 of 103 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 ... LastLast