Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

?

hi opex ,the pebbled button looks to be west german perhaps from a border guards tunic , i wonder if the hood was removed to make a helmet cover for the m75 ,any ideas where i can pick an example up myself mate

Thanks James, I think I have id'd the button as being WW2 German ( in fact I looked at one of your post's ), but why on earth it is on this jacket I will never know, I think you are probably onto something with the hood being used as a cover,you know it's ironic I have been after a hood for my M75 and now I have a jacket with no hood!!. Pity it was cut off all the same.

I picked this one up on ebay, but have searched the web trying to track down more Austrian Pea Pattern but there's not any available in the UK AFAIK. There's a Parka in the same pattern on German ebay but the price is too steep for me!!!!

Thanks Buddy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

ok thanks opex not to worry ,i was hoping maybe you had one surplus ,as for the button does it have the assmann symbol on the rearside ,the button has an overpaint so i reckon your right on the ww2 period ,i think the bgs buttons are unpainted ,perhaps somebody was trying to make up a waffen ss uniform ,cheers james
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    ok thanks opex not to worry ,i was hoping maybe you had one surplus ,as for the button does it have the assmann symbol on the rearside ,the button has an overpaint so i reckon your right on the ww2 period ,i think the bgs buttons are unpainted ,perhaps somebody was trying to make up a waffen ss uniform ,cheers james
    Ha ha I wish I had a surplus I really do, and I would go along with your theory about the previous owner trying to recreate a Waffen look, when the jacket is buttoned up the German button is on display so perhaps would give the impression of it being WW2 German??, I tend to steer away from WW2 German items and as a result am pretty clueless about Nazi items, will continue to search the web for other Austrian items, so If I find a good source I will definitely let you know buddy

my latest aquisition a set of belgium para denison's ,these are not paired as the jacket shows a lot of use while the trousers seem box fresh but both luckily are dated 1956Post 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 cams
    Regards James

?

Hi James, very very nice additions buddy I am a great fan of these Belgium uniforms, the trousers I believe are Moon and Balls Pattern and judging by the smock the same.

I can't tell by the picture but assume the smock has a full length zipper, which from memory makes it the type in use before the Jigsaw patterned version was issued. I can also say that they are both Belgium army issue, as awhile ago I discovered there are Belgium Navy versions of these patterns !!

Many thanks for showing them James I really like them a lot,bet they look great displayed with your M-71

Quote by James C View Post
    my latest aquisition a set of belgium para denison's ,these are not paired as the jacket shows a lot of use while the trousers seem box fresh but both luckily are dated 1956Post 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 cams
    The trousers must have been in a warehouse somewhere, there are lots of unissued ones on the surplus market and ebay at the moment!..
    Last edited by Gunny Hartmann; 07-19-2014 at 12:35 PM.

?

US Operational Camouflage Pattern aka 'multicam' May 2013 issue.
    Post 1945 cams

?

Hi Ferris IMO one of the best camo patterns the US has come up with in the last few decades love your avitar picturer as well.

Regards Mark

?

Hi Ferris ,many thanks for posting your jacket up which is interesting , as I can see where the Brit's gained their design features on the Latest MTP PCs Jacket from this one

?

Hi Camo collectors, here's a couple of my British Personal Load Carrying Equipment (PLCE) webbing. The first one has Special Forces type yokes and customised quick release clips on the pouches and was purchased from a Para,the second set has the standard yokes and pouch retaining clips both these webbing sets have been used in conflict. Thanks for looking and feel to comment/query Opex

Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast