Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 64 of 103 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

?

Hi Guy's .here are a few more items from my camo collection I thought you might like to see

Unknown( possibly a South American Army woodland shirt ?)
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

French Lizard Bigeard cap( commercial version)
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

US Woodland Cold weather Hat( which I have worn throughout many a winter,it's very warm!)
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

Croatian Woodland shirt ( bring back from the conflict in the 90's)
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

US Army Aircrew Coat( pretty scarce on the market I believe!)
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

Australian Land 125 dated 2007
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

?

USAF AFCP ( or Digital Tiger stripe which is easier to pronounce ! )
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

Italian Woodland Pattern Parka
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

?

Hi Guy's,Here are a few French CCE Pattern F2 Jackets, these are mostly former French Foreign Legion jackets, sadly they do not have the badges attached which is often the case with these items, even more sadly these appear on ebay with fluffy collars, studs and all sorts of rubbish sewn onto them,which is my personal bug bear ,but hey here they are minus all the "designer " junk

Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

In the process of trying to buy this late version denison smock, one of the last made and used in NI and very rarely in the Falklands as well. Price is sensible for one of these compared to the others I have seen for sale.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

As promised, some more of mine, mostly DPM and some desert dpm, cotton and goretex. I have two of the DPM/fleece waterproof cap and also not shown the goretex DPM coat.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Anon View Post
    In the process of trying to buy this late version denison smock, one of the last made and used in NI and very rarely in the Falklands as well. Price is sensible for one of these compared to the others I have seen for sale.
    I managed to strike a deal on this one so it should be with me by Friday. The last version of the Denison smock made prior to the advent of the DPM smock in the late 70's, though still used into the 80's on the falklands.

I have attached some pictures of one in use on the Falklands and its story borrowed from the GHW2 forum. Obviously mine is not this one but it shows they were there.

It belonged to a Naval Officer serving with 148 (Meiktila) Commando (AO) Battery, Royal Artillery. Below is a brief account from Fidler himself.

“Please find attached a couple of pictures of me wearing the Denison smock. The first picture shows me on board a ship (I can’t recall which one) on the way to the Falklands. (I travelled there on the QEII and transhipped at Grytviken to the SS Canberra but the ship I am on in the picture is a warship – I do know that I moved between ships on various occasions although my duties were ashore with 5 Infantry Brigade). I think the second picture was taken on 7th June Darwin and would have been just before embarking on Motor Vessel Monsunen which then sailed at night for Fitzroy arriving the morning following the Skyhawk attacks on RFA Sir Galahad and Sir Tristram.
    The smock was first issued to me in 1965 when I was with 148 (Meiktella) Commando (AO) Battery Royal Artillery – jumps carried out wearing it were in UK and the Far East.

Regards,

Jerry

?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Hope you manage to secure this Jerry, it's a beauty. The colours are nice and vivid, and the label is great as the print is still legible!!!

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hope you manage to secure this Jerry, it's a beauty. The colours are nice and vivid, and the label is great as the print is still legible!!!
    I bought it mate, it is in the post and should be with me before the weekend.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Quote by Anon View Post
    As promised, some more of mine, mostly DPM and some desert dpm, cotton and goretex. I have two of the DPM/fleece waterproof cap and also not shown the goretex DPM coat.
    Excellent range and collection of DPM Jerry, I need to add one the last versions of the Para smock to my own collection...very nice !

?

I am really glad you managed to secure the Dennison Jerry..fantastic news!!, and many thanks also for the reference pictures and the provenance of it's usage, fascinating reading.

Page 64 of 103 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 ... LastLast