Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 66 of 103 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

?

Hi Dave ,great example of the DPM winter cap, classic example, I like the look of the "smock physiological" and after reading your description of it, I can appreciate that is was on a par with the British Plastic DPM wet weather gear..therefore functionally poor. Something that does puzzle me about the Aussie version is the terminology of physiological and not wet weather coat etc. The Bunny cam Japara look's great too, I am a big fan of this camo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Thanks. The one I showed in the Falklands is not the one I bought, that was just to show that they were still in use then, though most went out of use in the 70's. I did try to make that clear when I showed them, so sorry if it was not.

I have a couple of items of flecktarn that I shall add at some stage, though nothing not already seen here.
    Hi Jerry. No worries I guessed that,but as you stated the reference pictures and history is very useful to see, I look forward to seeing your Flecktarn camo too

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hi Jerry. No worries I guessed that,but as you stated the reference pictures and history is very useful to see, I look forward to seeing your Flecktarn camo too
    Here it is. Interestingly the wings are attached with the traces of thread under the shoulder straps which show it had 3 rank insignia's sewn to it, so either Captain or Colonel or General though obviously the first is far more likely than the other two.

Post 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 cams

And the Belgain overtrousers
    Post 1945 camsPost 1945 cams

I'll add some pics of the flecktarn, I also have a pair of the trousers and I used to have a few sets of the waterproof version of jacket and the trousers with the braces.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Opex-the term 'smock psychological' is a mocking reference by the troops to the fact that it's totally not waterproof-the only comfort it brings-the correct terminology is 'smock tropical'-I posted one way back in the thread along with it's associated bush hat (which is pretty much never seen)-was the only cam item issued to Australian troops until the mid/late 80s-the army was the 'Green Machine'-now even the RAN wears their own pattern cam gear (for no rational reason for folks on boats!).

Flecktarn jacket and trousers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams  
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Here it is. Interestingly the wings are attached with the traces of thread under the shoulder straps which show it had 3 rank insignia's sewn to it, so either Captain or Colonel or General though obviously the first is far more likely than the other two.

Post 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 cams

And the Belgain overtrousers
    Post 1945 camsPost 1945 cams

I'll add some pics of the flecktarn, I also have a pair of the trousers and I used to have a few sets of the waterproof version of jacket and the trousers with the braces.
    Jerry I am very,very impressed with your Dennison, the colours are still very vivid, and the evidence of ranks make it all the more fascinating, I am very pleased for you that you have this one in your collection now, and thanks for showing it

The Belgian over trousers are very similar to mine, same maker etc, very nice , I saw a pair like these in my local surplus store recently for £45 and they were a ridiculous size 52" waist, naturally I passed them by!!!

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Opex-the term 'smock psychological' is a mocking reference by the troops to the fact that it's totally not waterproof-the only comfort it brings-the correct terminology is 'smock tropical'-I posted one way back in the thread along with it's associated bush hat (which is pretty much never seen)-was the only cam item issued to Australian troops until the mid/late 80s-the army was the 'Green Machine'-now even the RAN wears their own pattern cam gear (for no rational reason for folks on boats!).
    Many thanks for the explanation, I assumed it was an ironic term summing up the uselessness of it's weather proofing qualities, I have seen them for sale only once or twice in recent memory in the UK, and they seemed to be extortionate prices, thanks again

?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Flecktarn jacket and trousers.
    Excellent examples Jerry, I have one of these Parka's over- dyed in Black, they are fantastic quality items

Quote by Opex View Post
    Jerry I am very,very impressed with your Dennison, the colours are still very vivid, and the evidence of ranks make it all the more fascinating, I am very pleased for you that you have this one in your collection now, and thanks for showing it

The Belgian over trousers are very similar to mine, same maker etc, very nice , I saw a pair like these in my local surplus store recently for £45 and they were a ridiculous size 52" waist, naturally I passed them by!!!
    Thanks, I am very pleased with the para smock. The Belgian trousers were cheap in comparison compared to those you saw, about a third of the price you mention.
    Regards,

Jerry

The size issue must be all those Belgian waffles...

Page 66 of 103 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 ... LastLast