Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 70 of 103 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

Picked these up today think it is a sultan of oman camouflage uniform came in with some Navy items ,one set still has the paper labels on it i will be putting these on Ebay as not my collecting field
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

?

Quote by William1 View Post
    Hi All

Reverting to Brit cams for a moment, here's my SAS smock and belt order. The smock dates from about 1980, the webbing is all dateable to 1979 or earlier. The drop ammo pouches are the SLR version. You can just see the altimeter pouch behind the 9mm Browning holster. I'm still short of an early escape pouch, hence the gap at the back. To finish off this set-up I have windproof trousers of about the same date, an undateable woolly hat of the right type, a 1979 dated para bergen, and some 70s German para boots, favoured by many of our troops in the Falklands campaign.

Attachment 771251Attachment 771250Attachment 771252

Very nice SAS display Ted, the smock is in tremendous condition, and interesting belt order, very informative my friend.

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Attachment 771302
    I sold most of my camo collection a few years ago, but i found a couple of items lurking in the cupboard!....
    Italian "Somalia" pattern!....
    Very nice Paul, I have yet to add any pre-2004 Italian Desert camo to my collection, I look forward to seeing more of your camo as and when you get the time to post it here

?

Attachment 771303
    After studying many tigerstripe variations i think these are South Vietnamese marines pattern, no labels of any kind in them!....
    Beautiful example of the Tiger stripe pattern Paul, rip-stop material that's quite unusual for Vietnam issue, pity there's no label to identify them,thanks for sharing buddy

Quote by Opex View Post
    Beautiful example of the Tiger stripe pattern Paul, rip-stop material that's quite unusual for Vietnam issue, pity there's no label to identify them,thanks for sharing buddy
    I think they are quite early by the look of the high HBT type pockets!...

?

Quote by kradman View Post
    Picked these up today think it is a sultan of oman camouflage uniform came in with some Navy items ,one set still has the paper labels on it i will be putting these on Ebay as not my collecting field

Very nice Kradman, they look like Oman, great to see the set with hand - written labels like that, are there any manufacturers labels in the garments to positively ID them

- - ------- - -

I think they are quite early by the look of the high HBT type pockets!...
    Agreed, the high pockets is a feature of the early versions

Hi Opex no labels inside but 100% that they are Oman as came in to me with a Oman Navy uniform and belt , looks to have all belonged to a Royal Navy Officer who was serving with the Oman Navy

?

Quote by kradman View Post
    Hi Opex no labels inside but 100% that they are Oman as came in to me with a Oman Navy uniform and belt , looks to have all belonged to a Royal Navy Officer who was serving with the Oman Navy
    No worries, I was just curious. Great provenance and rare camo,thanks again for sharing

Here we are guys, another Falklands period smock. This is the arctic smock worn by the Royal Marines, the Paras, and anyone else who could get hold of one. This differs from the SAS smock in having rank tabs chest and back, and a larger, wired hood. Any windproofs in the old Imperial sizing have become very difficult to find. Windproofs went over to metric sizing about 1980-81.

Post 1945 camsPost 1945 cams

?

Very nice Ted, I have a mid 80's version of this fantastic garment used by a RMC and completely agree the pre-metric versions are indeed scarce, many thanks for showing yours, which is superb condition and looks to be NOS.

Page 70 of 103 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 ... LastLast