Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 72 of 103 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

?

Hi Dave, I never tire of seeing 68 Pattern DPM so many thanks for posting it up, I would be keen to see more shots of the Mk6 as and when you get a chance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

Hi again guys, I've managed to find an escape pouch for my Falklands SAS kit - this is the type with the single drop loops, as opposed to the copies with the double loops. Not great light for photos but here's the completed set-up, with claymore mine bag (sometimes used as a haversack) lying in front. I'll post some more Brit cams when I get a chance to take decent photos.

Post 1945 camsPost 1945 cams

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hi Dave, I never tire of seeing 68 Pattern DPM so many thanks for posting it up, I would be keen to see more shots of the Mk6 as and when you get a chance
    Hi mate,
    MK6 images as requested
    Later build as it has the textured finished shell

Post 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 cams

Canadian ballistics tests 1984 MK6 vs PASGT

MK6

Post 1945 camsPost 1945 cams

PASGT

Post 1945 cams

As you can see the MK6 offered very little in ballistics protection hence the MK6A and the much improved MK7. Also the MK6 harness was not the best as I have read the lid tends to fall over the eye's when prone so obtaining a sight picture can be difficult.
    They apparently came in two sizes, to big or to small.

If your chasing any other images just let me know.

All the best

Dave

Fascinating pictures of the ballistics test. It would be interesting to know how much of the difference was down to design and how much to any improvements in the material used, also how the MkV steel helmet did compared to the Mk6.

The army also has a third size: "out of stock"

?

Many thanks for posting pictures of your MK6, and of course the comparison pictures of the Mk6 vs the Pasgt. The mk6 is made from ballistic Nylon so it does not surprise me that compared to the kevlar content of the Pasgt it failed miserably, I can state that the fit is terrible, the design is such that the sides are too tight and the fore and aft is too loose, it was recommended to wear a size larger than normal and "pack out" the brow pad, but of course as you stated then it slipped forward's seriously affecting the wearers vision. I have yet to source a MK7 but can only assume the MoD tweaked the usability issues.

Thanks again for taking the time post up more detailed shots,much appreciated Dave

My pleasure indeed

I picked this up a few years ago thought it was British made for a radio or something like that but cant find anything on it , its made from early pre first gulf war British Desert Dpm cloth , has anyone seen anything like it before ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams  

No idea what that is, except it's obviously for something heavy to go on a belt. I wonder if it's a piece of bespoke Special Forces kit?

Maybe an early hydration bladder carrier? The metal belt slides whilst not the flat PLCE plastic types appear to be belt attachments. Not PLCE not MOLLE. It also doe's not appear to be "home made" or kit bashed.
    Interesting one ?

?

Great thread, I just discovered it! I used to collect post-WWII camo and still have some of it. I started back in the 80's. Whenever I went to a gun or military show, I would look for any military camo that I didn't have or had never seen. I just found it interesting. Over the years, I have traded and sold off a lot of it (stupid thing to do, I know), but I hung on to some items.
    One thing I still have is a military jacket made in Belgium for the West German Army. It is made with the Leibermuster pattern camo. The jacket appears to be a paratrooper jacket because it has the straps that go through the crotch. Maybe you guys can help me identify it. I will post some pictures of it when I dig it out of the basement.
    Attached is a photo of the pattern from the Camopedia website.
    Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams  

Page 72 of 103 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 ... LastLast