Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 82 of 96 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

?

Quote by William1 View Post
    This metric para smock with low contract number 203 is probably from 1979 and no later than 1980:

Attachment 828103Attachment 828102Attachment 828104
    Fantastic conditioned Para Smock ,I have a couple of these in my collection, I will use your excellent guide to attempt to date them

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

1999 I'll say. Wifey pointed out a cold weather GB DPM for me to buy for my BD today! I'll go get it tomorrow pricey though!!!

I absolutely stand to be corrected hey, this one (DPM) is one I've had from '93 and not a common thing to find down here back then

CBH
    ?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Interesting link and it's good to see the names of the manufacturers, a bloody shame that most of it is made in China now!...
    Well Gunny , that's pretty bad . Canadian Cadpat is still made in country .
    But it is never surplused , instead they shred it ! Which is good for security but bad for collectors .
    Cheers Chris

Quote by CBH View Post
    Well Gunny , that's pretty bad . Canadian Cadpat is still made in country .
    But it is never surplused , instead they shred it ! Which is good for security but bad for collectors .
    There is some for sale on ebay here in the UK but it's commercially made stuff (Arktis), i wondered why it was so rare!....
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Bugger someone snapped it up on me "snooze you lose" I suppose!

?

Chris is a 100% spot on officially CadPat is to be destroyed but on occasion some does find its way into the marketplace I still find the best source are the second hand and thrift stores from time to time I find the shirts pants and jackets hanging in the racks and have managed to put together a nice little collection for a fraction of the price demanded from E-Bay sellers.

Regards Mark
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

CBH
    ?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    There is some for sale on ebay here in the UK but it's commercially made stuff (Arktis), i wondered why it was so rare!....
    There is a Canadian company making copies , Parklands I believe they are called . The Arktis stuff would be good quality , I've heard they make good stuff . Or did at one time . I believe they shred it for security reasons , so people can't impersonate soldiers .
    Cheers Chris

?

Quote by Mark K View Post
    Chris is a 100% spot on officially CadPat is to be destroyed but on occasion some does find its way into the marketplace I still find the best source are the second hand and thrift stores from time to time I find the shirts pants and jackets hanging in the racks and have managed to put together a nice little collection for a fraction of the price demanded from E-Bay sellers.

Regards Mark
    Hi Mark, it is such a pity that Cadpat must be destroyed but understandable all the same, I only managed to source a set as I did a straight trade for some Brit MTP with a Canadian collector, if I was not so fortunate in carrying out this trade ,my collection would be minus a set!

G'day All,
    Here's my latest USMC ERDL green dominant '69 + a shot of my others