Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 90 of 103 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

?

Hi William, can I ask if the sniper smock has attachments for foliage and pockets on the back of the garment, I have never seem one in the "flesh" before, so am very curious to learn more about these items, I have an Arctic smock like yours with a later issue liner too, brilliant piece of kit!

Many thanks for showing, Opex

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

?

Hi René, personally I really like the Woodland Marpat too of which a decent set has eluded me over the years , however I do have a full set of the Desert Marpat so am aware of the quality of theses garments, thanks for sharing mate!

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hi William, can I ask if the sniper smock has attachments for foliage and pockets on the back of the garment, I have never seem one in the "flesh" before, so am very curious to learn more about these items, I have an Arctic smock like yours with a later issue liner too, brilliant piece of kit!

Many thanks for showing, Opex
    Hi Opex

Thanks for the kind remarks! The smock has similar pockets to a para smock but they are at the side, presumably so any mags etc carried in them don't dig in when lying prone. The one I showed has - sadly - had most of the tabs removed but I like it for the near mint condition. There should be nine tabs on the back in three vertical rows, three on each arm and two on the front at waist level. Early sniper smocks don't seem to come up very much these days but are still not that expensive and a fraction of the price of early para smocks. Here is another 70s one, more worn and also minus hooks but with all tabs.

Post 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 cams

A Size 3 para smock c. 1978. The pre-metric sizes were only in for about two years which probably explains why they are now a collector's nightmare to find.

I've noticed that for whatever reason, early para and sniper smocks never seem to be in "dotted" dpm. I've seen parkas and 68 patt clothing in both types, while early windproofs and trops always seem to be "dotted".

Post 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 cams

Quote by William1 View Post
    That's not a style of contract number I recognise, is it Australian Army issue?

I wonder how many people still have their old original combat smock!
    I wouldn't think it would have been Aust issue unless a trials jacket before we adopted AUSCAM?

Not 100% post 45 but I think this is a 46 Denison -- does the job either way and one of my favorites in my entire junk pile.

Rene-I believe people were confused by your previous posts about the smock-your statement seemed to imply it was yours when you were in the army rather than it had been issued to some one and then bought by you later-the British style camo was never officially used by our army as all the emphasis was on stuff for use in tropical/sub tropical climates in Oz and the near north-the jelly bean/bunnies stuff was developed specifically for Eucalyptus forest. As I mentioned in a now very old post, Reserve unit soldiers would buy camo gear on a private basis for field use (along with all sorts of other kit) due to the lack of official equipment in the late 70s to the mid 80s when camo stuff became standard issue.

?

Hi René , absolutely love that Denison with it's beautiful vibrant colours which clearly show the brush stroke effect, "drool-worthy" piece of kit mate!!!

?

"Hi Opex

Thanks for the kind remarks! The smock has similar pockets to a para smock but they are at the side, presumably so any mags etc carried in them don't dig in when lying prone. The one I showed has - sadly - had most of the tabs removed but I like it for the near mint condition. There should be nine tabs on the back in three vertical rows, three on each arm and two on the front at waist level. Early sniper smocks don't seem to come up very much these days but are still not that expensive and a fraction of the price of early para smocks. Here is another 70s one, more worn and also minus hooks but with all tabs".

Many ,many thanks for taking the time to show the sniper smock in more detail William, I wondered how foliage would have been attached , so your excellent pictures clearly explain/answer this question, which is very good my research into these garments. I would like to add a really nice example to my own collection some day, so at least now I know what to look out for!

Many thanks again, I look forward to seeing more of your DPM collection

Opex, it's always a pleasure and you sir are a gent! You've probably noticed that 70s sniper smocks seem to be getting rarer and people have been asking high prices for them, but you might still find a good one cheaply. Here's another piece of dpm, an early SAS smock.

Post 1945 camsPost 1945 cams

Page 90 of 103 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 ... LastLast