Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Prinz Eugen SS Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"

Article about: Hello, When I was in the 10th grade I went to Berlin, Germany with Opa and Oma. Since I got pulled out of school for 2 weeks I had to pick a historical place I visited and do a speech and re

?

Default Prinz Eugen SS Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"

Hello,

When I was in the 10th grade I went to Berlin, Germany with Opa and Oma. Since I got pulled out of school for 2 weeks I had to pick a historical place I visited and do a speech and report when I returned. It was "Prinz Eugen Straße” so my report was on Prinz Eugen the Great. That was really the start of collecting and getting the WWII History juices flowing, Shortly after returning my Opa gave me his capture pistol with Oma's picture in the handle and 5 other items he brought home from WWII. My Oma started opening up to me at age 15 about her views of what happened with the Nazi's and telling me about her life. The good stuff and not so good stuff. Her book was written in 2010 and some of you I sent copies to. Memoirs of German War Bride - Feisty Lydia. The rest was history.

Recently I obtained a book that Glenn66 referred me to and got it last week. I was able to find a signed copy from Prinz Eugen veteran (former Unterscharfuhrer Fred Umbrich). Albeit made out to Maureen it is also signed by the Author. A picture of Fred Signing Glenn's book is pictured here (Glenno ) Hope that is okay to include in here. Thanks for the info on his book. I am about ready to start the read. I thought I would make a thread showing my SS Prinz Eugen Related Items from my collection:

Book: Balkan Nightmare - Biography of Fred Umbrich - Pictures here
    Porcelain Street Sign: Prinz Eugen Straße "rare and cool"
    SS Sleeve Patch: SS Mountain Troops Sleeve Edelweiss
    SS Prinz Eugen Collar Tab: 7th SS-Freiwilligen-Gebirgs-Division (SS-Volunteer Mountain Division)
    Prinz Eugen Sword: Carl Eickhorn
    Opa's Capture Pistol: Not related to SS Prinz Eugen but thought I would show as it was my first official piece
    Book: Feisty Lydia: My Oma's Story - Not SS related is a part of me & WWII history

I will hopefully in time add more Prinz Eugen Related Items as they kind of take me back to the special time and place it all started for me. Thought I would catalog and photograph together this week and store them all in one spot.

Hope you enjoy! Rossi

Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prinz Eugen SS  Collection - "What got me collecting at age 15"
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Wonderful Kirk! And fabulous photos as always.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice, and well focused Kirk!
    I have always wanted to be more focused on my father's unit's history but it is difficult and costly to collect 16th Panzer Div. items since many of them did not return.
    It is a special feeling to get that new one or two items that really fit!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Last edited by Rossi; 06-05-2017 at 09:12 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Yes very nice collection. Very cool that your grandfather had his wife picture in the handle. I have never seen that before. Nice heirloom to pass down.

Nice
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

lovely collection Rossi.

Rossi,

Thank you for sharing your experiences and of course, your collection!

Regards,
    Joel