Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Propaganda Poster Collection

Article about: I thought I would share my propaganda posters with the board.. Please do not get the wrong idea about me by seeing the posters I collect.. I collect them strictly for history..

These are a testament to the ugliness of the Nazi mindset. Interesting but not my cup of tea.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Propaganda Poster Collection
    P
    Many

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    These are a testament to the ugliness of the Nazi mindset. Interesting but not my cup of tea.
    Bob ,

I couldn't agree with you more!!! This is the exact reason why I collect them.. " Never Forget "

I'm surprised that originals survived in good condition, I hope these are displayed well with notification to the Holocaust
    Last edited by reneblacky; 08-06-2015 at 06:49 AM. Reason: added text to clarify

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I'm surprised that originals survived in good condition, I hope these are displayed well with notification to the Holocaust
    They survived with a little help from my Poster Restoration guy.. I suggest anyone who owns any piece of paper that is historic ,and in bad shape think about having it restored, missing edges , water damage , chunks missing.. These can all be repaired ,and brought back to life. I'm a believer!!! All of my posters are linen backed except 1.

These are not movie posters, they are historical relics of a dark time in history, I feel they should show their age

None of the posters have been 100% restored, just linen backed and some paper added.. I left a lot of the posters original patina..

Quote by macapple View Post
    None of the posters have been 100% restored, just linen backed and some paper added.. I left a lot of the posters original patina..
    I still ponder how the linen is removed should it be required in the future ??

I am not endorsing the guy below, but all the info is spot on..

https://www.cinemasterpieces.com/cinelinenbacking.htm

Very nice collection, thanks for showing... period paperwork is always fascinating --- these of course being very overt in their message compared to other TR items but, still... all of it was born out of this very mindset, these very ideas of ugly intolerance that, like it or not, were prevalent all over the world back in those days.

But --- yes, perhaps not my "cup of tea" either but still no worse than any other Third Reich collecting area... as long as it's about the history behind the items I feel it's a level playing field all over. Preserving these pieces is nothing but a good thing in my book.

Yes, I am not convinced on the linen backing route however. This passage from the website is interesting:

" There are two types of buyers of vintage movie posters: collectors and non collectors. A non collector buys just one or a few posters for a home theater, a gift, or for decoration. At least 50% of our sales are to non collectors. We have found that non collectors generally prefer linen backed posters. Most true "Collectors" of vintage movie posters would prefer an un-restored non linen backed poster over a restored linen backed one. Most of these collectors still collect linen backed posters however because many titles are so rare and few have survived in great condition."

Each to there own, most of these posters have survived 70+ years with no preservation what so ever, I do not think I will be too worried about mine in another 70 years ! haha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast